Potential land for future Magic Kingdom expansions

dizda

It could be further away from the main walkways accessed via a long queue a la the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.
I had thought about Indy at DL but was not certain about the layout and whether the land use at MK would allow something similar.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
I thought the OP meant the canal. My mistake.
I did mean the canal, the one above Big Thunder. Ideally i'd like to keep TSI and a moving riverboat. I was wondering whether a walkway bridge could work parallel to the train's bridge.

Sure you could build a bridge to TSI, but it would probably impact the riverboat in a negative way. Unless some kind of drawbridge could be made...

Disneylover152

upload_2016-6-21_15-31-7.png

The area below PotC is way outside of the park. You will need to find a way to cross the train tracks. Also, notice the streets in between Adventureland and the expansion pad. That is so the parade can get to Main Street USA from Frontierland or Frontierland to Main Street USA. It's also not just the parade. That is how the trucks and cast members get to some parts of Main Street. You will need to redo that whole road. That would be a mess. For a couple of weeks or months while they are redoing that street, there would be no parade and the Emporium would probably have to be closed because that road is how they get their stuff for the gift shop! AND THAT WOULD BE A MESS!!

upload_2016-6-21_15-35-39.png

This expansion pad is kind of impossible. Disney would need to make a pathway from the area outside the railroad in Frontierland through the castmember area, over the "river", and to that area. For what? A restaurant and a few gift shops? And maybe a petting zoo? It's not worth it. They would have to build a path where you can't see any cast member or backstage areas. Then they have to build a bridge that looks like it was built in the frontier times. Disney can do it, but probably not in the near future. It would cost some big bucks too!

upload_2016-6-21_15-45-43.png

Above New Fantasyland is not really an option. They could expand It's a Small World, or create an Alice in Wonderland mini land. But then you would have to Find a path way, where you can't see any backstage or the back of buildings. Also that lake area is where they shoot up fireworks. We wouldn't want a the fireworks to be too far from the viewing area on main street or not directly behind the castle. Also you have to think, how can it be connected to Fantasyland?

upload_2016-6-21_15-52-5.png

These three expansion pads are probably most likely. The only thing they will have to do is connect it to the park, chop down trees, and fill the ponds. Whala! New Tomorrowland? They can add a TRON ride. This is the area I would love Magic Kingdom to focus on next. Tomorrowland. SO OUTDATED!!! They need some new rides. The last new GOOD ride in Tomorrowland is the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin Ride. Stich Encounter is awful. Tomorrowland needs a giant refurb.

Thanks for this topic! I had a lot of FUN! Hope this helped!

Wdw62114

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 4.05.10 PM.jpg

This is what I expect will be the next major expansion. With removing most of Tom Sawyer Island and filling in the canal (RIP moving riverboat), it opens up a lot of valuable space with a decent walkthrough. The walkway on one end can go Just south of the Haunted Mansion wait line and the other can connect that dead end in Frontierland. There really isnt any room to add a walkthrough into fantasyland though as a lot of moving around of backstage operations would have to be done. It just sounds logical. Tom Sawyer Island is still party saved but can be accessed by a bridge instead of boat, and some water and riverboat stays for theming. And NE corner of new land, a new E Ticket ride hopefully :)

Disneylover152

View attachment 147158
This is what I expect will be the next major expansion. With removing most of Tom Sawyer Island and filling in the canal (RIP moving riverboat), it opens up a lot of valuable space with a decent walkthrough. The walkway on one end can go Just south of the Haunted Mansion wait line and the other can connect that dead end in Frontierland. There really isnt any room to add a walkthrough into fantasyland though as a lot of moving around of backstage operations would have to be done. It just sounds logical. Tom Sawyer Island is still party saved but can be accessed by a bridge instead of boat, and some water and riverboat stays for theming. And NE corner of new land, a new E Ticket ride hopefully :)

Makes sense. They can add a roller coaster or maybe bring Mickey's Toontown back!!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 147158

When they re-route Floridian Way it will open up a lot more space on that side of the park outside of the tracks.

Cowboy Steve

So I've heard permitting mentioned in a few posts... (I work in project management)... who do they file permits with? The county? I know the process is somewhat streamlined for construction purposes - that was part of the reasoning behind creating RCT back when WD bought all that property. Um... right? I can only imagine the nightmares Universal must go through before they can break ground. Never worked on a project in Florida, so not sure how it works. Heck it can take over a year in NYC before you can even get your permits approved... let alone break ground. And don't get me started on what it takes to build something in Chicago... lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So I've heard permitting mentioned in a few posts... (I work in project management)... who do they file permits with? The county? I know the process is somewhat streamlined for construction purposes - that was part of the reasoning behind creating RCT back when WD bought all that property. Um... right? I can only imagine the nightmares Universal must go through before they can break ground. Never worked on a project in Florida, so not sure how it works. Heck it can take over a year in NYC before you can even get your permits approved... let alone break ground. And don't get me started on what it takes to build something in Chicago... lol

I am not sure where actual construction permits gets filed (probably just through Reedy Creek), but Notices of Commencement (which indicate when work is about to start) get filed with Orange County. Disney also has to file permits with the South Florida Water Management district whenever they make a change that would effect storm water management. I maintain a thread on the News and Rumors forum of all the permit filings.

Cowboy Steve

I am not sure where actual construction permits gets filed (probably just through Reedy Creek), but Notices of Commencement (which indicate when work is about to start) get filed with Orange County. Disney also has to file permits with the South Florida Water Management district whenever they make a change that would effect storm water management. I maintain a thread on the News and Rumors forum of all the permit filings.
Thank you for the clarification!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom