POTC Waterfall question

HMF

Original Poster
Over in Disneyland the Blackbeard and Davy Jones projections are currently alternating. Anybody know if WDW has followed DL's lead?

Magenta Panther

Over in Disneyland the Blackbeard and Davy Jones projections are currently alternating. Anybody know if WDW has followed DL's lead?

I'm here with a friend of mine who visited WDW last weekend. She says she rode the POTC 3 times and it was Blackbeard every time. AND she says the image was very very blurry - not nearly as clear as was Davy Jones'.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!

Ive heard both that they are and they are not so id like some clarification myself :wave:

HMF

Original Poster
Sadly, I would not be surprised if they just let Blackbeard be solo until the next POTC refurb which knowing TDO might take 12 years from now and even that might be just a minor touch-up.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I don't know what it is about the Blackbeard projection, but even when it was brand new it was never as clear as Davey Jones.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, with what was mentioned about the Jail cell door and the lighting in the treasure room. I'm sure it'll be a matter of time for it to appear..Also I read on Miceage that the voices alternate as they return up the lift back to the loading area.

RonAnnArbor

WDW has Blackbeard, and only Blackbeard.

The projection isn't "blurry"....ITS BROKEN....and it has been for several months.

We have several other threads on this....

TP2000

The projection isn't "blurry"....ITS BROKEN....and it has been for several months.

How magical.

I rode Pirates at Disneyland yesterday. And yes, both Davy Jones and Blackbeard now alternate on the mist screen, and then their voices alternate again on the waterfall lift back up to the loading area. The mist screen effect looked fantastic, totally enveloping the boats, and both Davy and Blackbeard were very crisp and obviously HD.

This is no substitute for real life, and amateur video never really does anything justice, but here's a halfway decent YouTube video taken yesterday of Disneyland's Pirates ride. At the 1:45 mark you can see pretty clearly the alternating effect of Davy Jones and Blackbeard on the mist screen.

It helps to watch this full-screen size, and Davy and Blackbeard are at 1:45... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5dtHWSt3Q

I'm sure that effect will show up in the WDW version eventually, perhaps sooner rather than later. And perhaps, if we wish hard enough, maybe it would be paired with an actual three month rehab of the WDW ride like Disneyland's Pirates just got to freshen and sharpen the ride overall? Maybe if enough people ask Meg Crofton for that for Christmas? :xmas:

lokisix

When I was last at MK the steam effect that makes the screen seemed to be either not strong enough or greatly effected by a breeze or something as it wasn't getting nearly low enough to show the entire projection. Has this got something to do with it looking 'blurry'?

PhilharMagician

We have several other threads on this....

Missed the threads you are talking about and I will have to go look for them to understand why you say it is not blurry, but broken? I can say that what I have seen is definately blurry. It may be blurry because it is broken, but the projection was definately working.

I was not aware that there is also at least 2 differant audio spiels from Blackbeard.

Sloan

Blurry Blackbeard

Each time I rode in early November it was the Blackbeard projection, and it was not looking very good at all. I was with a first-timer to the 'new' projection effect, and was disappointed it was not nearly as impressive as the Davy Jones projection. I'm sorry to hear that it was not just a very temporary problem / issue.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia

I can say that what I have seen is definately blurry. It may be blurry because it is broken, but the projection was definately working.

I have to agree with PhilharMagician here. It may very well be broken, which would explain why it appeared blurry, because it was definitely very blurry when I saw it.

RonAnnArbor

TO summarize other information found elsewhere --

The projection effect on POTC at WDW is currently broken. The fog effect machine is not expelling the flat stream of fog required to project the effect onto....as a result, anything projected on it is just going to look like colored light on fog...not like a projection on a screen.

I'm sure this will be fixed eventually....but we all know what that means at WDW these days. I'll be there again next week, so i will check it out.

HMF

Original Poster
How magical.

I rode Pirates at Disneyland yesterday. And yes, both Davy Jones and Blackbeard now alternate on the mist screen, and then their voices alternate again on the waterfall lift back up to the loading area. The mist screen effect looked fantastic, totally enveloping the boats, and both Davy and Blackbeard were very crisp and obviously HD.

This is no substitute for real life, and amateur video never really does anything justice, but here's a halfway decent YouTube video taken yesterday of Disneyland's Pirates ride. At the 1:45 mark you can see pretty clearly the alternating effect of Davy Jones and Blackbeard on the mist screen.

It helps to watch this full-screen size, and Davy and Blackbeard are at 1:45... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5dtHWSt3Q

I'm sure that effect will show up in the WDW version eventually, perhaps sooner rather than later. And perhaps, if we wish hard enough, maybe it would be paired with an actual three month rehab of the WDW ride like Disneyland's Pirates just got to freshen and sharpen the ride overall? Maybe if enough people ask Meg Crofton for that for Christmas? :xmas:
I thought Meg was "The Grinch"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom