PotC storyline question

Wckd Queen

Originally posted by imagineergurl
...related...

see, this is what happens when you see the movie 9 times. it goes straight to your head worse(or better i should say) than a brain freeze.

I only saw it once, and that was last night, but I got that feeling too. Why would Jack be so benevolent to Will otherwise? I just kept getting that feeling that he had something more to do with the whole Bootstrap Bill thing.

And yes, I thought there were 3 braids hanging from Jacks beard in the opening scenes as well...and then there were 2 :lol:

Loved the movie though. At times, I felt like I was on the ride. Great Disney feeling :) Need to go see it again, and I cant wait for the sequel now! :sohappy:

mickey04

I am in agreement that Bootstrap is probably still alive. Here is my "out there" idea of how he might not be: Barbossa, when explaining the curse to Elizabeth says that it took time to go into effect. Perhaps they killed Bootstrap before the "living dead" thing came into effect, and thus he died before he was cursed enough not to. Just a thought.

Alright, some other things to think about: If they traded the gold coins away, and every pirate had to return the coins he took, how would they possibly know whose coins were whose when they got them back?

And one more: When Will and Elizabeth place the bomb inside the pirates at the end, and then push them out of the moonlight, and then they blow up, wouldn't they still be alive (even if they were in pieces).

I know, I'm over analysing. But hey, that's what this thread is all about!

careship

My thoughts on why Jack cares about Will. Because Bootstrap was the only pirate not involved with the mutiny and opposed it. Also, because he needed him as leverage to get the Black Pearl back. After fighting together and working together saving him from the hanging again he respects him and they bonded in a strange sort of way. The pirates were all cursed right away and the greed became more and more the overwhelming thing in their lives. They didn't learn that they could lift the curse until after the coins were gone and after Bootstrap sent the coin to his son and then they threw bootstrap into Davey Jones' Locker. Thus they found all of the coins returned them to the chest all but the one Will had and Elizabeth took.

Originally posted by mickey04
And one more: When Will and Elizabeth place the bomb inside the pirates at the end, and then push them out of the moonlight, and then they blow up, wouldn't they still be alive (even if they were in pieces).
Another thing you can notice about this scene is that you can see smoke coming from the dudes stomach before they even light the bomb.

DixieBelle97

...related...

see, this is what happens when you see the movie 9 times. it goes straight to your head worse(or better i should say) than a brain freeze.

I don't think that Will and Jack are related. I'm probably gonna see POTC at least 3 more times and Orlando still rules. :D

The movie will start to get to you though...it's fun.:hammer:

EthylCooper

Originally posted by Wckd Queen
And yes, I thought there were 3 braids hanging from Jacks beard in the opening scenes as well...and then there were 2 :lol:

The first time you see Jack, the braids are casting dark shadows on his neck and one of the shadows looks like another braid.

DixieBelle97

Originally posted by EthylCooper
The first time you see Jack, the braids are casting dark shadows on his neck and one of the shadows looks like another braid.

You definetly pay close attention to the small things. Did you see Orlando's tattoo?

Originally posted by DixieBelle97
You definetly pay close attention to the small things. Did you see Orlando's tattoo?
In the blacksmith shop right? Took me a good 4 viewings before I saw it and now ever since I draw it on my wrist before I go to the movies. I even have a pic of it in my album.

CDS2

I am confused, Barbossa is dead right, however according to Movies.com Geoffrey Rush has been cast to play Barbossa again in Pirates of the Caribbean 2. :lol:

Originally posted by CDS2
I am confused, Barbossa is dead right, however according to Movies.com Geoffrey Rush has been cast to play Barbossa again in Pirates of the Caribbean 2. :lol:
ok thats odd...
maybe the apple is like magical or something or the monkey or um...yeah.

DixieBelle97

In the blacksmith shop right? Took me a good 4 viewings before I saw it and now ever since I draw it on my wrist before I go to the movies. I even have a pic of it in my album.

Yep. I love it. :lol:

DixieBelle97

Originally posted by CDS2

I think someone else in here...not sure...said that the monkey could get Barbossa to somehow take a piece of the treasure to bring him back to life. That confusing thing happens a lot though. This is totally off topic, but in "X-Men 2", Lady Deathstrike is dead, yet the actress who played her signed up for the next movie...if there is one.

wsapooh

Original Poster
Originally posted by DixieBelle97

I just noticed that at my most recent viewing - #4

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom