POTC queue music

Kane88

Original Poster
I have a question, I was at the magic kingdom back in July and when we rode pirates I noticed that the plaza that houses the extended queue was only playing the original queue music. I could have sworn that that plaza played songs from the movie recently. Is this just me misremembering?

Cmdr_Crimson

I have a question, I was at the magic kingdom back in July and when we rode pirates I noticed that the plaza that houses the extended queue was only playing the original queue music. I could have sworn that that plaza played songs from the movie recently. Is this just me misremembering?
It played the movie score...

_caleb

I'm not super musical- is it the prominence of flutes that make this sound medieval? The Pirates film score has more strings, doesn't it?

UNCgolf

I don't think I'd call it medieval; it sounds more like Irish/Scottish/Celtic folk music (some of which probably did originate in the Middle Ages, but still).

While it does seem strange to hear in that setting, it's probably somewhat historically accurate as what some real pirates would have likely been playing/listening to on their ships. It at least sounds like folk music from that time period with similar instruments.

UNCgolf

Also, while I think people generally use Renaissance Fair as a pejorative (I've never been to one so I have no idea), I believe they're generally "set" in the late 1500s or 1600s. It makes sense that popular/folk music of the era associated with them would also fit pirates, what with the Golden Age of Piracy being from roughly the 1650s to 1730s.

castlecake2.0

I always wondered, who decides this kind of thing? Who is like “ya know? We really need new music here!” And how do some places go through multiple loops and then others have had no change at all since being built (looking at you Canada pavilion)?

wdwfan22

Does anyone know if the new loop is playing throughout Adventureland? The last time I was there the new loop was playing in the pirates area but the old loop was still playing up front by The treehouse.

Monorail_Red_77

I can't be the only that remembers when you could hear pirates whispering about an attack on the fort in the queue. It was light whispers and metal clinging and banging.
I noticed after the audio refurb a few years back. You can now hear the pirates in the cave looking for treasure. It is in the queue that goes up and over the boats. As you come back down and before you get on the boat, there is a cave where it plays intermittently. Also during that refurb is when you could once again hear the pirates in the jail scene on the right side clearly and fully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom