PotC Hidden Skull?

HMF

Exactly. It's like the people approving these movie tie-ins don't understand the general theme of the Florida attraction. Turning the steering wheel skeleton into Jack just further conflates the plot holes already created by the other movie additions.

At this point, either turn it into an attraction solely based on the films, or stop trying to force plots and themes from the films into an attraction that ultimately is completely different from them.
I would need to see clear photos that prove he is Jack before I jump to any conclusions. The creative issues these movies have created on this ride are mind-boggleing

Sonic Sunglasses

He has the braids and outfit now. It's definitely supposed to be Jack, imo.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I'm talking about the full-body skeleton at the helm of the wheel right before the talking skull, not the talking skull itself. I don't know if that was clear.
I'm fine with Jack Sparrow's presence in the latter portions of the ride. But I'm not good with them turning the Storm Helmsman into Sparrow. It doesn't make any sense at all. I've always seen the Helmsman as the ultimate faithful hand before the mast, holding the course until his captain orders otherwise. He might be a cursed pirate, but he's a dead cursed pirate. No Aztec gold shenanigans. And the rest are simply old-fashioned dead, having reaped the reward of their foul and dissolute existence.

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm fine with Jack Sparrow's presence in the latter portions of the ride. But I'm not good with them turning the Storm Helmsman into Sparrow. It doesn't make any sense at all. I've always seen the Helmsman as the ultimate faithful hand before the mast, holding the course until his captain orders otherwise. He might be a cursed pirate, but he's a dead cursed pirate. No Aztec gold shenanigans. And the rest are simply old-fashioned dead, having reaped the reward of their foul and dissolute existence.

I'm not fine with Jack in any portion of the ride, but I do agree that this is the most offensive addition yet.

HMF

Very true. I think what we all have to keep in mind is that we're all here for the same reason. We have a burning passion for these parks. Sometimes I think we lose sight of that through all the debating and mudslinging.
I agree. My passion for these parks is very deeply embedded in my personality which is why I am literally dreading what they might do to Epcot because it feels like they are destroying a part of my soul. Three of the things I care about most, The United States of America, Star Wars and Disney are all going down the tubes right now in my opinion so I am very worried.

Kman101

I agree. My passion for these parks is very deeply embedded in my personality which is why I am literally dreading what they might do to Epcot because it feels like they are destroying a part of my soul. Three of the things I care about most, The United States of America, Star Wars and Disney are all going down the tubes right now in my opinion so I am very worried.

I don't think SW is going down the tubes but that's a debate for another time lol

The parks ... well if you're against any movie IP getting a ride then I guess they're going downhill

The Duck

eric1.jpg
You must be from New Orleans!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom