Post Your Canceled ADRs!!!!

LoriMistress

Original Poster
The title speaks for itself. I thought this would be a great way for people, for whatever reason, who decide to cancel their ADRs to post their cancelations to give other people here a chance to try to snag it. Hopefully, everyone can benefit from this thread.

Dwarful

Great thread link. Unfortunately, I will be cancelling at least one dining reservation for our August trip. As soon as I talk to Pam and know for sure which meal we will be changing I will post it here. I guess one meal with such a large group isn't too bad.

Jimmy Thick

Whenever I go, I always make 2 reservations at the same restaurant, one early time, and one later. Depening on how hungry my party is, we go to one and cancel the other.

I might just consider having someone getting my unused ADR my own personal Dream for some lucky person :ROFLOL:

kybred72

Whenever I go, I always make 2 reservations at the same restaurant, one early time, and one later. Depening on how hungry my party is, we go to one and cancel the other.

I might just consider having someone getting my unused ADR my own personal Dream for some lucky person :ROFLOL:

i hope that you have a ressie for Le Cellier on 9/25 that you want to release! :D

Dwarful

Ha the one thing I am NOT giving up is my Le Cellier! Unfortunately, I think we will be giving up one Cinderellas Breakfast but its in early August so that won't help anyone on the dining plan. I will post here before I call. Losing only one reservation isn't too bad with such a large group and we will still have Cinderella's dinner later in the week. But if anyone is interested I will post back before I call.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You know, this sounds like a good idea - but in reality is doesn't work. I've known people (ok, let me rephrase.. I've had hundreds of people try this when i worked ressies) have 1 person on the phone with one agent and the other waiting and killing tim on the phone with another agent. They texted, IM'ed, who knows, and tried to get each other's ressie.

Failed every time. There are literally thousands of people making ressies at any given moment. The call centers, the resorts, and even some other odd locations.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
To add:

You'd also need the same party size. So, say I drop a ressie for a party of 5 at le Cellier. You have a party of 3 - whoo hoo great! Not really, they wont give you the table.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
You know, this sounds like a good idea - but in reality is doesn't work. I've known people (ok, let me rephrase.. I've had hundreds of people try this when i worked ressies) have 1 person on the phone with one agent and the other waiting and killing tim on the phone with another agent. They texted, IM'ed, who knows, and tried to get each other's ressie.

Failed every time. There are literally thousands of people making ressies at any given moment. The call centers, the resorts, and even some other odd locations.

I was thinking the same thing from when i booked ressies too, it never seemed to work out even when you tried to time it perfectly... but what if the party size is correct, then wouldn't you think they could "give" the adr to someone without ever cancelling it and let that new person check in at the podium using the name that is on the ressie? You'd never do this when a cc was involved, but when there is no cc it might work. The only problem might be if DDP was involved, but I still think they'd change it at the podium if it was booked for no DP and the person who checked in is on the DP. I dunno, I think I might give it a go, they're pretty flexable at the restauants when you check in. :wave:

Dwarful

The reservation we have required a CC hold. So I couldn't just 'give it away' unless someone wants me to join their family for breakfast at the castle! lol.

jesserin

We cancelled our September trip and rebooked for december due to a work conflict...

So I have the following ressies available - I have NOT cancelled them yet... but will be shortly so if you need any of these please PM me and I'll give you more details of how to get the res.

The following are Ressies for 3 people:

September 12 - DINNER - Ohana - 5:40pm
September 13 - DINNER - Tony’s Town Square- 5:40pm
September 14 - DINNER - Le Cellier - 4:40pm
September 15 -
September 16 - DINNER - Sci Fi - 5:25pm
September 17 - BREAKFAST - Ohana 10:00am
September 17 - DINNER - Spoodles - 5:50pm
September 18 - Lunch - Le Cellier - 12:20pm
September 19 - DINNER - Whispering Canyon - 5:40pm
September 20 - DINNER - Chefs de France - 7:00pm (This was for 2 instead of 3)
September 21 - BREAKFAST - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with Mary Poppins - 10:45am
September 22 -
September 23 - BREAKFAST - Donald’s Restaurantosaurus Breakfast 10:00am

Mickey'sBrother

How fair is that? You're locking up two ADR's when you only need one and waiting until the last minute to cancel. That's preventing someone from getting the ADR now.

KrazyKowboy

Had to cancel upcoming vacation for week of Nov. 25 - Dec. 1, 2007 today. :cry:

The following ADR's for a party of 3 were cancelled at 6pm this evening:
  • Sunday 11/25 6:05 pm - 50's Prime Time Cafe
  • Monday 11/26 6:20 pm - Le Cellier Steakhouse
  • Tuesday 11/27 6:00 pm - Concourse Steakhouse
  • Wednesday 11/28 6:40 pm - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
  • Thursday 11/29 8:10 pm - Coral Reef Restaurant
  • Friday 11/30 5:45 pm - 'Ohana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom