Possible Project: Gemini Details Emerge

pheneix

>>>Here we are with "pheonix" telling us that they will spend all the money on the turnstiles<<<

I haven't said anything of the sort. I have just said that Epcot could be broken up into two seperate parks as part of this plan. Disney management feels that if several major attractions were added to World Showcase, then it would be a "full days value" like DCA and Animal Kingdom, and that the public would justify paying full admission for it (because the suits in Burbank are about the only people left that can't except the fact that DCA and Animal Kingdom are big fat failures). Future World itself already has more attractions than Animal Kingdom.

>>>Do you see him posting new info. Nope.<<<

Well, when everyone here was screaming "Beastly Kingdom is coming!" several months ago I was one of the few- no, I was the ONLY MEMBER here that said, "Forget it, it's dead." Guess what? It's dead.

Nice try buddy, but no cigar...

KevinPage

CA Screamin doesn't have ANY storyline? It has as much storyline as Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain.

It is supposed to look like an old time wooden coaster on the CA shore. It has the pitch games underneath it and dives back into itself many times like the old school coasters did. It is supposed to be a carnival type atmosphere so they added synchonized music to it.

It IS totally DISNEY to me. Talk about pessimistic. Too many people in here are just one step away from Al Lutz worship!!!!!!

Eisner this, Eisner that. No one has a clue as to how or who makes all these specific decisons, and 90% of the crap that gets posted is flat out wrong.

space42

CA Screamin doesn't have ANY storyline? It has as much storyline as Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain.

Yeah, but.. Space Mountain is a rocket trip in outer space. Big Thunder Mountain is a runaway mine train. CA Screamin' is a ... uhh.. coaster. That is the difference.

I hope they do not build this in EPCOT.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
My vote is with Soarin', but how bout better yet, Stormrider, or better yet, both. I'm not in favor of any of the others for Epcot, although they all have their merits. To me both Soarin' and Stormrider are perfect fits for Epcot.......And yes, bring back the old Image Works in Imagination.

One more thing, as far as Screamin' goes, the original artwork for the Boardwalk included a big coaster. Let's throw Screamin' at the resort. Then just make it a pay per ride attraction. Maybe charge a dollar for those with a valid theme park pass, and 3 or 4 bucks for those without. Just a brainstorm.

Rider

Originally posted by pheneix
Disney management feels that if several major attractions were added to World Showcase, then it would be a "full days value" like DCA and Animal Kingdom, and that the public would justify paying full admission for it (because the suits in Burbank are about the only people left that can't except the fact that DCA and Animal Kingdom are big fat failures).

Yep... DCA, the best one day value around.

AK isn't too bad... you can watch the animals... there will be different ones on the trails and on the ride all day long. Plus CTX and Kali.

kaos

Originally posted by steve2wdw

One more thing, as far as Screamin' goes, the original artwork for the Boardwalk included a big coaster. Let's throw Screamin' at the resort. Then just make it a pay per ride attraction. Maybe charge a dollar for those with a valid theme park pass, and 3 or 4 bucks for those without. Just a brainstorm.

The original artwork did show a woodie... and it's there.. in the swimming pool. HOWEVER, I though that this would be a great fit for the resort also.. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of this...

Oh, and the theming for California Screamin is...

DRUMROLL.....

A ROLLER COASTER ON A PIER!!!!!!!! :drevil:

mickeyfanatics

The Paradise Pier of DCA was meant to be a California Coastal Boardwalk, and I went to the Santa Monica Pier on my trip out there, and DCA's Pier is much better. Also, I saw the concept work for the Paradise Pier inside the Pier hotel where we stayed. If you look at Screamin' carefully, you will see several large openeings in the support beams. The concept work shows a large river ride splashing down into the lake area. There are also some other neat rides. BTW, the Screamin goes to water level for a reason. The ride begins with a wave (made by a small wave machine) pushing the car out and up the first hill. Disney had at first wanted to make larger waves like those at BB, but they interfered with the mechanics of the ride.

As for Boardwalk at WDW, it was originally intended to be built with carnival type rides like those founf at Coney Island. Budget Cuts of course axed that idea.

<SRH>

Out of all these ideas I still think the Soarin' ride has the best potential. Instead of figuring which country it should showcase why not have the movie soarin' over different scenes of all the world showcase countries. They could build it in a neutral area like where the (millennium) convention hall is. Each of the countries could kick in an equal percentage of money to help defray costs.

Testtrack321

*cough* overkill *cough*

also, pheonix, if you took apart my comments, like you did, then you can make a valid calim about what yout "thought" I said. I don't like fighting, but as I said before, how do we know you have vallid info. I also mentioned Lutz, and you were just part of the comment.

Also, Screamin' had no wave when I rode, just a launch. No wave. Also, the water was still. I thought it was due to the Rockin' By The Bay concert series. Screamin's is still a great ride, and if you retheme it and add new elements, it would still be one of the best coasters out there.

Tiki_bud_Pan

Okay, guys, sorry to break it to ya, but this is AL LUTZ! Al Lutz is notorious for having "bad sources". I can see Soarin coming, becasue it would fit really well, but California Screamin'! First he lied about capacity, and second, just last month, he rated about how screamin was the biggest headache for maintance and has cost plenty in up-keep. Dont believe anything unhtil you hear it from the main scource- the mouse itself.

pheneix

>>>Also, Screamin' had no wave when I rode, just a launch. No wave. Also, the water was still. I thought it was due to the Rockin' By The Bay concert series.<<<

It was due to the concert series. Whenever a large structure is in the water like that, or anything for that matter (the wave machine was also down during Luminaria last year) the wave machine has to be turned off for safety reasons.

niteobsrvr

Ok, I can see the Soarin over ride at the Land. Awesome concept and lets face it FutureWorld has been stuck in the 1980's since well 1982.

I dont know much about this Flik THing but it sounds like a candidate for Studios not Epcot.

An indoor theatre at Epcot, HMM, lets see don't we have a few of those already? But, if the keep shows like Blast etc playing then let it be built.

As for the Coaster, well late last year the entrance to the service area and Utilidors at the Magic Kingdom were being replanned on paper to accomodate a coaster. I believe the concept at the time was to go behind toon town and behind or into the 20,000leagues lagoon.

I think you might see project Gemeini spread out between all of the parks to some extent. After all, they all are laggin in attendance compared to stockholder expectations.

LOL< this should be enough fodder to keep everyone arguing on here for a while.

Rotel1026

Originally posted by Tiki_bud_Pan
Okay, guys, sorry to break it to ya, but this is AL LUTZ! Al Lutz is notorious for having "bad sources". I can see Soarin coming, becasue it would fit really well, but California Screamin'! First he lied about capacity, and second, just last month, he rated about how screamin was the biggest headache for maintance and has cost plenty in up-keep. Dont believe anything unhtil you hear it from the main scource- the mouse itself.

Why does it seem that so many posters on here likes to diss Mouseplanet and Screamscape, yet those same people (that like say how negative/incorrect those websites are) are also the ones that seem to be up on what was said last week on those same sites?

For the record, I don't read Mouseplanet anymore because of how negative Lutz seems to have become. Screamscape on the other hand is a fun read, and I find his rumors to be much more feasible than half the things Thrill Ride posted back in it's day.

Valentin

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Rotel1026
Screamscape on the other hand is a fun read, and I find his rumors to be much more feasible than half the things Thrill Ride posted back in it's day.

screamscape isn't much better for the validity of more than half its rumors, considering some of them are submitted by CM's and actual Imagineers hoping to either throw people off track when they get too close, or giving some false information for kicks.

Rotel1026

Originally posted by mktiggerman

screamscape isn't much better for the validity of more than half its rumors, considering some of them are submitted by CM's and actual Imagineers hoping to either throw people off track when they get too close, or giving some false information for kicks.

I was thinking more along the lines of rumors posted to all parks rather than just Disney. I remember reading rumors on Thrill Ride about some club owner adding some mega-coaster just to draw more business. Thrill Ride seemed to just convert every email it got to HTML and posted it whereas Screamscape actually seems to have some sort of restraint when posting.

As far as Screamscape being a fun read. I don't equate being a fun read to being correct in it's information. I know better than to believe most of the stuff posted until it's actually announced by the park. But speculation is always fun.

Valentin:p

Monorail Lime

Originally posted by Rotel1026
For the record, I don't read Mouseplanet anymore because of how negative Lutz seems to have become.
Lutz hasn't become negative... he's always been negative! Everytime someone so much as repaints a lamp post at Disneyland he goes off on a paranoid rant about how the entire Disney corporation is plotting to destroy his childhood memories. He is convinced that Disneyland was absolutely perfect the first time he saw it and any change they make is a personal attack against him. It's truly pathetic.

WDWGarden

Originally posted by space42

Yeah, but.. Space Mountain is a rocket trip in outer space. Big Thunder Mountain is a runaway mine train. CA Screamin' is a ... uhh.. coaster. That is the difference.

I hope they do not build this in EPCOT.

CA Screamin' is an integral part of the greater Paradise Pier theme. The story is much more subtle than most attractions...it is the story of what amusement parks were like in that classic age of roller coasters. True, there are no video screens of the Johnson family from 1934 as they go on their roller coaster adventure that suddenly goes astray when the track breaks loose and they're thrown into a parallel universe to fight the mob of cotton candy vendors. That "beat-you-over-the-head" storyline of say RnR is a much more recent development in the theme park world. Screamin's them is its simple, understated atmosphere...pretty classy if you ask me.

Chad

Wow..there was alot for me to catch on here..

I was just curious..
Has anyone thought that maybe Flik's Fun Fare might go into the Land? I cand efinetly see it fitting there..I'm not all to sure about what it actually HAS in it, but being on 'eye level' with a bug definetly leaves some potential for education about farming, soil erosion, etc.. Is anyone else seeing that? Or should I just be quiet?

I think the problem with Cali screaming, is that everyone is seeing it as 'California Screaming', and not taken apart, refigured, and redsigned. I seriously doubt that any of this attraction (if it's even gonna be added) would be viewable from the outside.

I can also only see this being added at America, simply because the rest of their countries would have to pay for it..

I don't know..I think a Native American Attraction (You know, an indian village, one of those 'living' exhibits, with people tanning hides, basket weaving, doing rain dances, etc..) along with a Coaster based on Native American Mythology would be a nice addition to america, simply cause they seem to be somewhat 'glossed' over in Disney World.

Anyways, I was more disturbed about the cancellation of Research and development more then anything else.

AdLibSean

Originally posted by Chad
Wow..there was alot for me to catch on here..

I was just curious..
Has anyone thought that maybe Flik's Fun Fare might go into the Land? I cand efinetly see it fitting there..I'm not all to sure about what it actually HAS in it, but being on 'eye level' with a bug definetly leaves some potential for education about farming, soil erosion, etc.. Is anyone else seeing that? Or should I just be quiet?
Totally agree, if it wasn't going to MGM to replace "Honey I Shrunk.. Playground" it should definately go to the Land. It's perfect, and some fresh air not only for Future World, but for the pavillion itself.

Originally posted by Chad
I can also only see this being added at America, simply because the rest of their countries would have to pay for it..
I don't know..I think a Native American Attraction (You know, an indian village, one of those 'living' exhibits, with people tanning hides, basket weaving, doing rain dances, etc..) along with a Coaster based on Native American Mythology would be a nice addition to america, simply cause they seem to be somewhat 'glossed' over in Disney World.

Anyways, I was more disturbed about the cancellation of Research and development more then anything else.
AGAIN, totally agree to the second part, I do think, at all costs, that a "ROLLER COASTER" should be avoided in Epcot. I'd like to think of Epcot as a step above, and maybe the attraction should be similar to a coaster, but not quite... and DEFINATELY not visible, nor the building that houses it for that matter. And about R&D, I know this will probably be a thread drift, but, I agree- what's going on at Imagineering? Sounds like the execs are shootin themselves in the foot- what are they gonna start plannin the parks now? Wait they already did, isn't called something like DCA? :animwink: (Sorry, I had to)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom