Possible plans for the new Star Tours!

Salty-

I would cringe if the entire ride was replaced with an Episode I pod race.
I would not be disappointed, however, if the pod race was one of several different themes/worlds that would be explored.

Lucasfilm/Disney already has success with a random ride scheme in Indiana Jones Adventure (although to the casual park guest, he/she would be hard-pressed to notice the ride changes)

Tower of Terror 4.0 also adds to its appeal by the "random" ride scheme that a rider can experience.

Why not take it further on Star Tours and have ride sequences that are not only different but entirely memorable? Talk about adding interest to the ride...

Why not have 6 sequences representing the memorable locations from each of the 6 films? Imagine it - Death Star Trench, Hoth/Asteroid Field, Forest Moon of Endor, Pod Racing, Geonosis/Kamino/Coruscant, Mustafar/Coruscant Space Battle.

I love the ideas that people have come up with and even some of the rumors.

Things that I'd love to see.
  • 3D- We are not talking about your Mom and Dad's red/blue 3D nor even the passive polarized glasses from the likes of Philharmagic/HISTA. Rather, the new 3D technology that George Lucas and James Cameron are going nuts over - Dimensionalized 3D. It still would require glasses, but none of the eye strain that comes from current technology.
  • HiDef- This may already come with the 3D technology, but having High Defintion screens to replace the projector based media would be ideal. Movie would stay as crisp as Day One. No more film pops or scratches.
  • Digital Surround Sound - Multiple (12? 3 on each side) discreet audio for the ride. Plus, some beefy bass. I want to feel the explosions.
  • Increase the view - Larger front screen (will help minimize motion sickness) and adding side views. Two words. Total immersion.
  • Environmental effects - I love the ideas of feeling heat/cold from environments. Get hit by a cannon blast? Have an effect where some equipment "explodes" (ship breach) and you can feel the heat from the cannon blast. Adding heat/cold/smell from the outside environments sounds great too.
I just hope after 20 years of expectation, that Lucasfilm/Imagineering/Finance can all rise to the challenge of today's park goers taste. Not to mention us batty SW fans..:animwink:

NemoRocks78

Seized
imagineer boy said:
I really don't like the mouse planet ideas.

Anything idea that has to do with pod racing is bad....I definitely wouldn't want to see the current version replaced with something themed around that.

erasure fan1

I dont know what the answer is to a redo, but I know pod racing is a bad idea. The star wars universe has so many great places I am sure they can come up with something cool.

I also dont think the dark ride concept is that impossible. The only problem is the ride vehicles. You need to have something totaly new to pull it off. Or it will be just more of the same, just with star wars.

What ever happens I am VERY glad to see star tours get an update!
:sohappy:

Dayma

Salty- said:
I would cringe if the entire ride was replaced with an Episode I pod race.
I would not be disappointed, however, if the pod race was one of several different themes/worlds that would be explored.

Lucasfilm/Disney already has success with a random ride scheme in Indiana Jones Adventure (although to the casual park guest, he/she would be hard-pressed to notice the ride changes)

Tower of Terror 4.0 also adds to its appeal by the "random" ride scheme that a rider can experience.

Why not take it further on Star Tours and have ride sequences that are not only different but entirely memorable? Talk about adding interest to the ride...

Why not have 6 sequences representing the memorable locations from each of the 6 films? Imagine it - Death Star Trench, Hoth/Asteroid Field, Forest Moon of Endor, Pod Racing, Geonosis/Kamino/Coruscant, Mustafar/Coruscant Space Battle.

I love the ideas that people have come up with and even some of the rumors.

Things that I'd love to see.
  • 3D- We are not talking about your Mom and Dad's red/blue 3D nor even the passive polarized glasses from the likes of Philharmagic/HISTA. Rather, the new 3D technology that George Lucas and James Cameron are going nuts over - Dimensionalized 3D. It still would require glasses, but none of the eye strain that comes from current technology.
  • HiDef- This may already come with the 3D technology, but having High Defintion screens to replace the projector based media would be ideal. Movie would stay as crisp as Day One. No more film pops or scratches.
  • Digital Surround Sound - Multiple (12? 3 on each side) discreet audio for the ride. Plus, some beefy bass. I want to feel the explosions.
  • Increase the view - Larger front screen (will help minimize motion sickness) and adding side views. Two words. Total immersion.
  • Environmental effects - I love the ideas of feeling heat/cold from environments. Get hit by a cannon blast? Have an effect where some equipment "explodes" (ship breach) and you can feel the heat from the cannon blast. Adding heat/cold/smell from the outside environments sounds great too.
I just hope after 20 years of expectation, that Lucasfilm/Imagineering/Finance can all rise to the challenge of today's park goers taste. Not to mention us batty SW fans..:animwink:

I agree with these ideas but I would go one step farther and have windows on the side and back to feel even more freedom of movement. Also it would be great to get some of the actors involved with the sequences. Not just C3p0 and R2d2.

jsfra209

I, personally, am sick to deat of Star Tours. I think, although a classic, the ride offers no thrill and hardly no entertainment. All the simulator does is knock you around, and make you nauseous :hurl: . I would love to see them either re-vamp the ride, or do it all over again. It's too bad that ever time a new Star Wars film comes out there are all these rumors and speculations, but nothing is ever done.

Star Tours was really cool, back in the day. Since the ride has opened there has been so much new technology acquired by Disney, that ST is just an embarassment at this point.

pilka214

ok heres my idea and it honestly wouldnt cost to much to redo. basically they create a tour of the galaxy instead of just the star base (or wutever) and we could travel to tatooinne, and see a pod race in progress. then leave and go to like dagoba and endor and then to wutever volcanic planet where anakin gets burned and such. it seems to tie in more with just star wars. and it would be pretty cool to see something like that.

Disneyfan1981

Star Wars in a Soarin'esque style would be interesting and original but it would require them to drastically redo the entire building. I personally see something along the lines of upgraded technology and new films happening first. Cool idea though...

tomm4004

Disneyfan1981 said:
Star Wars in a Soarin'esque style would be interesting and original but it would require them to drastically redo the entire building. I personally see something along the lines of upgraded technology and new films happening first. Cool idea though...
Soarin' screen would be too big to get the idea of a cockpit window, although something bigger than what they currently have would be ideal. I doubt if the Star Tours buildings in any of the four Disney resorts have much more for expansion - unless it's directly upwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom