Possible plans for the new Star Tours!

Shaman

The rumors have been flying around the internet for a long time (especially around the release of a Star Wars movies)...I just hope we see something come about this time around. Hopefully its something more than the simulator deal that we have now at both parks....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
yep, epsisode 3 will definately spark many rumors and hopefully a real overhaul /rehab.

it wouldnt bother me if the did both ST at the same time and made them identical.

KevinPage

I would expect this to be a BIG overhaul knowing the way Lucas operates and there being a 3D element to this. Let's not focus on the podrace though, most people didn't like the movie, so I'd be surprised if they did that.

Hopefully, they close down Star Tours completely and build a brand new type of attraction with Star Wars AA's and such, an elaborate dark ride.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Tahu said:
This idea sounds neat...
Sorry, have to disagre with you here - this idea sound like a variation on a theme. With years of technological advancements since Star Tours opened (plus a wealth of material introduced by Lucas for the film sequels) I hope that any upcoming refurbishment is going to be somewhat better than the story posed on the link :)

KumbaRider

I cannot agree more. I hope the Star Tours attraction is a thrilling dark ride experience with AAs and special effects. I would hope to see an attraction somewhat similar in the way Spiderman revolutionized attractions in the industry. I hope ST2 can have a similar, if not better, affect on the public.

SirGoofy

:hurl: NOT PODRACING! I swear if it is podracing I will never ride it. It has to be the worst idea. It has sooo little to do with the Star Wars universe as a whole. Why couldn't they do an updated version of the Death Star attack or something from the expanded universe?

LoisMustDie

This rumor has no more validity than when the exact same renovation was proposed in 1999. Don't hold your breath, at least until Eisner is out of the picture.

And why does everyone want some elaborate dark ride for Star Tours? When people think of Star Wars, they think of the space battles...people want to BE IN the space battles. What good would a dark ride do? Have everyone speed past the Ewok Village? Not a very good idea at all.

SirGoofy

LoisMustDie said:
And why does everyone want some elaborate dark ride for Star Tours? When people think of Star Wars, they think of the space battles...people want to BE IN the space battles. What good would a dark ride do? Have everyone speed past the Ewok Village? Not a very good idea at all.

Who says the dark ride can't be through a sapce battle?

SirGoofy

LoisMustDie said:
And how do you propose that'll work? What scenery were you planning on using? And how would the AAs fit in? It wouldn't work. Period.

Yavin 4 and the Death Star Trench could be some pretty cool scenery, and you could have AA turrets, ships, etc. And if that doesn't work well enough you could be in the Hoth battle, or you could be witnessing Darth Vader and Luke's battle on the second Death Star, the possibiilities are endless.

tomm4004

DisneyJoey said:
I'll take anything new, honestly.
Remember Journey Into Your Imagination?!

I've always thought that the Star Wars universe was far grander than the attraction. I understand at the time that they were looking for a vehicle for flight simulator technology and Star Wars was perfect. The main problem is that the screen is too small. I just never really feel a part of the events because of that. I would rather see a Back to the Future or even Stormrider size screen.

A dark ride is possible but it would have to be very elaborate to do it justice and thus very expensive.

KevinPage

LoisMustDie said:

Lightsaber AA's battles, encounters with different Star Wars creatures, crusing through Mos Eisley, watching Stormtroopers blast away at Jawas. I don't really give a rats patoot about space battles myself.

:D

DarkMeasures

You see. The difference between this Star Tours rumor and previous ones is 2 things.

First one would be that Bob Iger is trying to patch up all the problems of what Eisner is leaving.

Second would be that George Lucas has announced that Star Tours will be getting a rehab.

tomm4004

Another factor to consider if that it wouldn't just be DL getting it - the other three resorts probably would as well. I wonder if the OLC would be onboard.

SpectroMan

DarkMeasures said:
You see. The difference between this Star Tours rumor and previous ones is 2 things.

First one would be that Bob Iger is trying to patch up all the problems of what Eisner is leaving.

Second would be that George Lucas has announced that Star Tours will be getting a rehab.

Yes, this time "there's something there that wasn't there before."

Sir Hiss527

That would be sweet, to have a rehab on Star Tours..I sure the heck wouldn't miss it now. It definetley needs to be updated to some of the more recent films. To be honest, I really do hate that ride..it makes me more sick and motion sickness than M:S.

So go for it Disney..!! I don't object.

LoisMustDie

KevinPage said:
Lightsaber AA's battles, encounters with different Star Wars creatures, crusing through Mos Eisley, watching Stormtroopers blast away at Jawas. I don't really give a rats patoot about space battles myself.
So you'd rather have a cruise through Mos Eisley rather than the Death Star trench run? Then I am grateful that this is not up to you. That's another JIYI in the making. Get real, dude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom