Possible New Main Street Music Loop To Debut

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Disneyland fansites are reporting that a new music loop for Main Street U.S.A. will debut on January 9th 2012. Does anyone know if the Magic Kingdom Park loop will change as well? Dean Mora has reportedly recorded the new loop that will feature many new tunes including the married life arrangement from the movie UP. Several of the songs from the current loop will also be featured in new arrangements. I'm all for change and hope for the best if they alter this beautiful loop.

Taken from the Facebook fan page
From Dean Mora:
"Okay, the truth can now be told: Last spring I was contacted by the folks at Disney Imagineering to record a new music loop for Disneyland's Main Street, to replace the old one that had been playing at the Park for some 20 years.

So during the summer I helped to select the new lineup of songs to be recorded -- we kept about half of the previous song list, and added new "old" songs (including Maple Leaf Rag and Alexander's Ragtime Band) as well as the "Married Life" tune from the movie "UP".

For the arrangements, I used a good number of period arrangements, in addition to my own arrangements (as well as a handful of charts from trombonist Jim McMillen). We recorded all the tracks at Capitol Studios back in September, and now I can say with a good degree of certainty that the new music loop will start playing at the Park beginning Monday morning, January 9th.

Thanks to all the musicians who helped make this project possible, as well as the production staff at Disney Imagineering. We hope you all enjoy our music at the Park for many years to come."

Vintage attire optional!

See you at Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom.
All the best,
Maxwell DeMille

Pioneer Hall

If it fits the theme, then why not change things around a little bit. The song from UP certainly has the turn of the century elements and wouldn't sounds out of place (and it sounds very nice in my opinion).

Horizonsfan

Did Disneyland switch to the DLP loop along with MK in '92?

Knowing WDC's love of piggybacking projects, I would assume MK would get an updated loop at the same time or very soon after DL.

Nice Find!

TinkerBell9988

Very interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I actually wouldn't mind this loop debuting at the Magic Kingdom, as long as the DL fans become fond of it.

Monorail Lime

I looked up this Maxwell DeMille and apparently he runs a late-1920s jazz themed nightclub in LA. Perhaps he'd be better suited arranging the music for Hollywood Studios. :shrug:

Jerm

I am all for a change of BGM for Main St. I can not count how many times I have walked down Main St wanting them to change it out. But really if they add in the music from Up! I would be very happy. I understand everyone wanting the theme of the time period to keep, but really if music is done in the correct style it blends seamlessly.

devoy1701

I really hope that we don't lose too much of the current music on the loop. Main Street Loop is probably one of my absolute favorites outside of ToT and Sunset Blvd (I tend to like the older songs). Hope we keep "Bicycle Made for Two", "Surrey with the Fringe on Top", "Put on Your Sunday Clothes", etc.

Though I do like the music from up!

WDWFigment

If done well, I'm all for it. I really like the new-ish Tomorrowland loop, and although I prefer the 1982 EPCOT Center entrance loop, I also like the newer one.

danstadnik

When I'm driving to work in the morning, if I'm tired or I know I'm going to have a bad day - I sing "Surrey with the Fringe on Top" to myself... For some reason that song ALWAYS brightens my mood (I was also in "Oklahoma!" in high school, 20+ yrs ago) and I would REALLY miss hearing it on Main Street! But they can change the rest, as long as its period appropriate!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
If done well, I'm all for it. I really like the new-ish Tomorrowland loop, and although I prefer the 1982 EPCOT Center entrance loop, I also like the newer one.

I have tried to YouTube that EPCOT loop but all the "1982" ones pop up and are the same as the current.

midwest_mice

Does anyone know what the current loop is called? Is the current one something you can purchase on cd or was it an old track from the beginning?

devoy1701

Does anyone know what the current loop is called? Is the current one something you can purchase on cd or was it an old track from the beginning?

It's just called Main Street USA Area Background Music (Complete Loop)

You can probably download it off of Mousebits or record it from a streaming website such as Dtuneslive. That's where I got mine.

Pioneer Hall

The current main street loop is an instrumental compilation of a number of songs from the late 1800s/early 1900s. The entire loop itself isn't available for sale, but if you check Mousebits it is almost certainly going to be there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Go to Mousebits.com and search on 'Loop', it's the last result on page 3. It's labeled the "Magic Kingdom Entrance Area Music Loop". Not sure if it's the current loop, I'd have to check out my files at home to compare runtimes.

devoy1701

Go to Mousebits.com and search on 'Loop', it's the last result on page 3. It's labeled the "Magic Kingdom Entrance Area Music Loop". Not sure if it's the current loop, I'd have to check out my files at home to compare runtimes.

Magic Kingdom Entrance Area Music Loop is for the outside gates approaching the Turnstyles before you get to the Train Station. It plays a lot of instrumental versions of theme songs to Disney movies. It is not the same as the Main Street USA Area Music Loop which is mostly period pieces from musicals from the 30s and 40s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom