Possible MK fireworks while MK is closed in the evening?

durangojim

Original Poster
With the MK closing at 7 each night, does anyone think that they may still have the fireworks without the castle projections around 9 when the park is empty? They’d still be viewable from the resorts. I figure it’s unlikely but still would provide a measure of “magic”.

Lilofan

With the MK closing at 7 each night, does anyone think that they may still have the fireworks without the castle projections around 9 when the park is empty? They’d still be viewable from the resorts. I figure it’s unlikely but still would provide a measure of “magic”.
That would cause traffic jams on the local roads with guests and locals trying to view the fireworks. I don't see it happening.

Seanual757

The only fireworks I can see WDW putting on is the July 4th fireworks show since DVC resorts will be open I can see Disney doing something that day but that would be something they decided in a few weeks.

Seanual757

No, imagine all the guests leaving the resorts that cannot see the fireworks to go to Poly, GF, Contemporary etc. That would defeat the purpose of social distancing!

Well during the July 3 and 4th holiday unless you are a guest at GF, VFG, Poly, BLT, and Contemporary or have a dining reservation you are NOT allowed to enter the property. Same can apply lots of what we do not know, but when we stayed at VGF two years ago over the 4th plenty of folks are spread out and as I expect resorts will be well under capacity IMHO it's a NON issue. When we were at Poly the beaches were packed but you are also taking about 100% full resorts we are not taking about this since only DVC resorts will be open.

Still plenty of time for Disney to add and adjust things but I would not be surprised if Disney does something for guests staying on property and it could include fireworks since the parks are closed anyway.... We will know soon enough

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It would cause crowding on beaches, TTC and anywhere else people think they can view them from. So I would very much doubt it.

Robbiem

Does anyone know if the water pageant will be performed when the parks Reopen

it would be nice for guests but I guess it may create crowding issues at viewing points like the Polynesian beaches

Seanual757

Does anyone know if the water pageant will be performed when the parks Reopen

it would be nice for guests but I guess it may create crowding issues at viewing points like the Polynesian beaches

Nothing has been announced I am sure Disney is looking as it only been 3 days since the announcement. But we are talking about Disney they are going to look at what they feel comfortable opening, for the resorts (i.e. pool parties, activities for the kids, camp fires, ect...)

Again I would be surprised if the DVC resorts even open at 20% capacity I just do not see people coming with the unknown. I know we are going since we are local and it will be our annual July 4th weekend trip.

Herdman

Wonder if they could be broadcast live on the Disney resort channel in your room?

thomas998

Well during the July 3 and 4th holiday unless you are a guest at GF, VFG, Poly, BLT, and Contemporary or have a dining reservation you are NOT allowed to enter the property. Same can apply lots of what we do not know, but when we stayed at VGF two years ago over the 4th plenty of folks are spread out and as I expect resorts will be well under capacity IMHO it's a NON issue. When we were at Poly the beaches were packed but you are also taking about 100% full resorts we are not taking about this since only DVC resorts will be open.

Still plenty of time for Disney to add and adjust things but I would not be surprised if Disney does something for guests staying on property and it could include fireworks since the parks are closed anyway.... We will know soon enough
It owoudn't be an issue at Poly and GF... but Contemporary would be the problem as the only real good places to watch the fireworks are the viewing decks which are much smaller than the open areas around the lake... Of course the other issue with the area around the lakes is the alligators which have had a very long time of empty beaches and no one to try and keep them at bay. I wouldn't be surprised if they find quite a few in places they hadn't been before when they go back to open everything up.

Seanual757

Not true unless Disney springs is going to be closed for the 3rd & 4th?

yes 100% true unless you are a guest or have a dining reservation at VGF, and or Poly the resorts will no let you at those properties on the 3rd or 4th they started that back in 13 or 14 we used to be able to go but once Disney figured it out only guests of those resorts and dining reservations were allowed.

disney Springs everyone is welcome

robhedin

yes 100% true unless you are a guest or have a dining reservation at VGF, and or Poly the resorts will no let you at those properties on the 3rd or 4th they started that back in 13 or 14 we used to be able to go but once Disney figured it out only guests of those resorts and dining reservations were allowed.

Not sure this is fully true-- I know they stopped letting you park at the resort unless you were a guest or had a dining reservation, but I've parked at the TTC and just walked over to the beach at the Poly in '18 and '17 for the 4th.

TrainsOfDisney

Oh you said “the property” which I thought meant Disney property. The actual hotels maybe you’re right.

Seanual757

Not sure this is fully true-- I know they stopped letting you park at the resort unless you were a guest or had a dining reservation, but I've parked at the TTC and just walked over to the beach at the Poly in '18 and '17 for the 4th.

this was valid up until last year we had a friend try to come they were turned away coming from the TTC to Poly CM’s were standing at the walk ways scanning bands and checking dining reservation names.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom