News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

RSoxNo1

Well, I thought that was why they call them the New England Patriots -- so that when they lose, people in Boston can say "that's not our team."
Apparently you've never been to Boston or New England. We own our sports teams and wear every win and loss like an emotional anchor around our necks.

Having said that, the Pats losing in the Super Bowl this year didn't hurt as much as it would have if they lost against the Falcons.

Kman101

Disney rumors are always tricky...people "in the know" often have no tie to the financials...and that's what dictates In a stock company.

It's also disney fandom...and we give them free PR and credit for things not yet done.

There was 6 months of "thank you, disney!!" And "there!!! All the rumors were right, see!" After the priory of scion convention last July...excitement abounds and it's understandable...

...but notice the last couple weeks the "what's going on? Are they canceling stuff?" Has crept back in... and that's happened on all the things in Florida under iger.

So hopefully...we get more construction equipment and progress...including this idea.

For me, I had hoped they learned their lesson. It seems like they haven't and I should have known better.

I think some of our insiders have access to a lot more than they let on so I'm sure they're aware of a lot of the financials.

That's the whole game of rumors. It's just fun. They enjoy giving us tidbits. We like hearing about things that may happen, sometimes we get our hopes up. They're often dashed, especially if you are a WDW fan. But I think it's harmless. And I trust the few insiders we have who say "this is happening ... but". It kind of is what it is and I imagine most "get" it. We're used to things getting delayed, cancelled, budget cut .... and in every project, what's green today may not be tomorrow, plans change. It's just often nice to get a heads up on what to expect, and if it happens, great.

Our insiders aren't the same as some bloggers who claim to be insiders, though to be fair, some of them seem to get a scoop here and there. I tend to believe those who have a long track record of being proven right. And we have several of them on here.

Kman101

To add to my last post, what's also interesting is that the boards seem to be "known". We've had imagineers post on here (Eddie Sotto had a few amazingly long threads). Joe Rohde is aware of this place. I know Spirit and I'm sure other insiders have alluded to people with the company reading the boards.

So I do think they read us. It'd be nice if they listened instead of probably laughing us off.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This insider confirmed Mary Poppins

This was from a few weeks ago and hashed it out then:

1. Brayden is using a 'leaked source' with is possibly from an imagineer's personal blog that became accidentally public.

2. Brayden claims that one of the pictures from that site makes it almost definite he must be an imagineer, but he hasn't shown us that picture.

3. What pictures and 'inside scoop' that has been revealed through that leaked sight is suspiciously stuff our insiders have already revealed and reasonable speculation. The only new new information is a personal Porg-furby.

4. Brayden has indeed been careful to say that this source isn't airtight, might be a hoax or someone's wishboard, and that nothing should be considered confirmed confirmed.

No Name

Why would they listen to us if they don't think that what we're asking for makes business sense? The problem is most discussions here don't make any convincing argument for why they should be operating differently. If you want original attractions, argue why it makes sense financially. If you want stronger theme, argue why it makes sense financially. Otherwise they'll just see a typical customer vs. business conflict and move on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Apparently you've never been to Boston or New England. We own our sports teams and wear every win and loss like an emotional anchor around our necks.

Having said that, the Pats losing in the Super Bowl this year didn't hurt as much as it would have if they lost against the Falcons.

Boy that's spin...so losing to matt ryan would sting more than to a backup qb, huh?

That sounds like a "Gerry Callahan special"

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

C'mon -- nobody could blow a 28-3 lead... except, apparently, the Falcons. I'm not saying I'm glad it happened, but I would have hated to see their quarterback... they did have one, didn't they?... in the day-after parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom