Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

MrHappy

Not sure if this is new thread worthy, so forgive me. I'm at a conference and I was chatting it up about Disney with another conference goer. She has a friend who's an imagineer and she said that they have great new tech for a disneyland Aladdin ride. Now, she certainly could be confused and didn't get the info correct, she wasn't exactly a Disney nerd like most of us. I post this here considering the plot that Rat is being built on, and how Rat will only take half of the open plot....perhaps leaving the rest of the space for a new Aladdin ride??? Martin, Feather, Butler....doctor, Buehler?

Kman101

Not sure if this is new thread worthy, so forgive me. I'm at a conference and I was chatting it up about Disney with another conference goer. She has a friend who's an imagineer and she said that they have great new tech for a disneyland Aladdin ride. Now, she certainly could be confused and didn't get the info correct, she wasn't exactly a Disney nerd like most of us. I post this here considering the plot that Rat is being built on, and how Rat will only take half of the open plot....perhaps leaving the rest of the space for a new Aladdin ride??? Martin, Feather, Butler....doctor, Buehler?

Aladdin (and Lion King and Jungle Book) are all begging for rides at this point ... not that Epcot is the right place ... but still ...

mickeyfan5534

True, the engineering's been done, but these rides are essentially one-off's -- there's no assembly line spitting out Remy animatronics, so everything is hand-made. And I'd like to think that in true WDW fashion, they're planning to make the ride run twice the capacity of its French cousin (pronounced "koo-ZAN").
Technically, I think the name is feminine so that's cousine (pronounced koo-ZEEN)

Princess Leia

cb4c8bac17b57133c77e5e1293461d79901d2e01e559bc9aeb0fcde8701e8850.jpg

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...hip-deal-with-tcm-attraction-to-close.916184/ There's a thread for the GMR discussion.

Cesar R M

True, the engineering's been done, but these rides are essentially one-off's -- there's no assembly line spitting out Remy animatronics, so everything is hand-made. And I'd like to think that in true WDW fashion, they're planning to make the ride run twice the capacity of its French cousin (pronounced "koo-ZAN").
Unless the molds are there already to use again(From paris), thus the work weight can be minimized.

Jones14

So I guess the follow up question is, will the Mickey Ride's hourly/daily capacity be greater than what Great Movie Ride actually achieves these days? Since GMR is never entirely full anymore, you could technically see an increase in capacity since Mickey will be bursting at the seams for the entire operating day if Mickey's capacity is large enough.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Unless the molds are there already to use again(From paris), thus the work weight can be minimized.
Yeah, that will save some time, but even after the armature covers are molded, they'll still have to paint, hair, and clothe. And the frames and armatures will have to be custom built (from existing plans, no doubt).

Maybe they should just bite the bullet and crank out four sets of the Rat AA's. They'll be going into the other parks sometime down the road...

ETA:
So... there aren't any AA's in the ride. There's still a lot of very detailed set pieces to go around the screens, and those will take time to re-create...

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

So I guess the follow up question is, will the Mickey Ride's hourly/daily capacity be greater than what Great Movie Ride actually achieves these days? Since GMR is never entirely full anymore, you could technically see an increase in capacity since Mickey will be bursting at the seams for the entire operating day if Mickey's capacity is large enough.
Have you been to Hollywood Studios in the past year? Do you know how popular GMR is for not receiving a proper update in nearly 30 years? It commonly has a wait greater than 30 minutes now. It frequently uses the double vehicle setup more frequently now than in quite a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom