Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Daveeeeed

HUH! Interesting. Well, since Hollywood Studios (or whatever its new name will be) will be a completely different park, the movie part will be dated.
The park will still be about movies though...
GMR needs a refresh with a massive update and then Mickey gets a new build in animation. The park has enough capacity problems as it is.

MCast

Not as definitely as he was.

Do we know what the general premise of The Great Mickey Ride is? Will it in any way relate back to Hollywood?

It's hard for me to imagine the Chinese Theater hosting a ride that isn't about the movies. It would be like putting Mission: Space inside The Seas. It doesn't make sense.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Speaking of honeymoons I wonder why Disney hasn't sold packages that include a night in Cindy's castle. Seems like the kind of move they would do and overcharge through the roof for.
It's still a perk for "special" guests -- remember the Tom Cruise Family Vacation a while back?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I'm a bit dismayed about the extended timeframe (opening 2020 instead of 2019) -- given that the ride has previously been built (so the "kinks" should be understood) and the location would be backstage with potential 24/7 access, I had hoped this might range on the faster side of Disney builds. To bring up the typical Uni comparison, if they could build Transformers so quickly (and did so to increase capacity leading up to Diagon Alley's opening much like this could help with the crush from Star Wars) there's no reason Disney couldn't do a 2 year build here.
True, the engineering's been done, but these rides are essentially one-off's -- there's no assembly line spitting out Remy animatronics, so everything is hand-made. And I'd like to think that in true WDW fashion, they're planning to make the ride run twice the capacity of its French cousin (pronounced "koo-ZAN").

MCast

Hmm... LPS, Preshow rooms, queue extension will be needed, load is in load, this is the Cousij of Alcatraz, a happy balance of screen and set... Yeah, I think that is all I can give away at the moment... Oh right, you get animatronics!

Interesting...thank you! In your humble opinion, do you like this new direction?

@marni1971 - feel free to weigh in as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom