Possible answer to the holes inside the circus tents question

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
I was looking at pictures of the FLE Model and noticed that the circus tents have a ridge that runs right above where the new footings are being constructed. So perhaps the footings are for new structural members that will produce the ridge.

here is a picture of the model that shows the ridge.

i-fRLQgwf-O.jpg

RSoxNo1

That seems like a very logical conclusion. Until it opens though there's still hope that those are supports for something far more incredible than tent supports. I've got my fingers crossed for real life XS teleportation tubes.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
If the weather plays out right then it will be Tuesday. The construction is finally starting to get really interesting, I need more aerials!!!

We need a "thumbs up" icon on here. I will be looking overhead for you if it's Tuesday!

JungleTrekFan

Those holes are indeed for new metal support beams, they installed them yesterday, and today they started adding beams that connect each of them.

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
So looking at the latest pictures of the circus tents it appears that they are substantially adding structural members to these structures. I know originally the tents were intended to be temporary so perhaps all this is being done to make them more permanent. Another thought might be that they wanted to tear them down completely and place a new structure there but due to a permitting issue it was easier to just add to what was already there to make them more reliable. Also this may be due to new building codes.

I guess the point I am making is it seems like they are putting a lot more work into these tents just to make them slightly different looking tents. They are easily doubling the structural steal in the structures so there has to be a reason beyond simply tweaking the profile of the tents. So slight that most people didn't even notice the difference in the model.

NewfieFan

I don't know if this has been answered either but will the tents be seperate or joined? In the old TT you would access the M&Gs from the big tent. Will it be the same set up or will the smaller tent have it's own enterance this time?

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know if this has been answered either but will the tents be seperate or joined? In the old TT you would access the M&Gs from the big tent. Will it be the same set up or will the smaller tent have it's own enterance this time?

They will not be connected. The larger one to the south will be the new souvenir shop, and the MnG will be in the smaller tent to the north, which will still attach to the old wardrobe building at the north end of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom