Portion Size?

firecatgirl

Original Poster
In general how big are the portions? Are they normal or supersized just wondering. I drooled all over CrushDude's pics :D so I have seen some of what's to offer but it's hard to tell from the pic if the meals are big or normal. The desserts seem huge :eek:

The Mom

Premium Member
It depends upon your appetite. People have posted with opposing opinions. I find any dessert to be too large for one person. I am rarely served a large enough vegetable portion, but often the entree has too much meat or starch. :D

maryszhi

It depends upon your appetite. People have posted with opposing opinions. I find any dessert to be too large for one person. I am rarely served a large enough vegetable portion, but often the entree has too much meat or starch. :D
agreed. it really depends on the restaurant and what you get. you have to remember that it is disney world, and the portions can be large, as well as the cost

real mad hatter

Well here in the UK these portions at WDW are huge to us,well me anyway.I remember getting the "create your own pasta" the first time at PORS. When I got back to our table,my DW said to me," Oh, is that for two of us " to which I replied " It is now " I think they are some places where the portions are really big and others just normal.Another example, 4 years ago I opted for the half rack of ribs.When the server arrived with my plate I told her I ordered the half rack,she said this is the half rack.My DW had to help me Finnish them.:) Oh that was at "HOB" at downtown.

DisneyDebNJ

As other posters have stated, really depends where you go. Alot of the CS restaurants, from my experience, offer nice sized portions. Your signature restaurants and some TS restaurants (except all-you-care-to-eat and buffet restaurants) are what I would consider normal sized portions. The desserts are HUGE at many places as well!! Lots of dining options are definately those you need to *go hungry* to really get a bang for the buck.

dreamfinder

They tend to be reasonable. I can't say I have ever walked away from a meal hungry. Some places, like Tangeirine Cafe tends to have large portions that can be split between 2. Some times two people could split an adult and a child entree and be full, and others you would need 2 adult entrees for 2 people to be full.

crispy

It really depends on the restaurant. I think many of the counter service meals are huge amd can easily be shared. Table service really depends on where you are eating and what you are ordering. For example, the portion sizes at Les Chefs seemed just about perfect while the skillet at Whispering Canyon gave me enough food to feed my family of 4. :p

Mukta

The signature restaurants have reasonable sized portions. I leave feeling satisfied, but not to the point of bursting. Just about everywhere else has very large potions, but living in the US, I have started to think of those as normal.

luv

Generally large portions. I always try to eat my money's worth...especially if it is good. But even trying to finish, there are many times I get only halfway through the thing. Recently couldn't finish half of...

1. A breaded chicken thing with cheese at RFC (eta...Parmesan Chicken)
2. A big hunk of meat on top of noodles thing at Les Chefs (eta...plat de cote de boeuf au Cabernet avec pates)

The Incredible Schmulk

I would say that, on the average, portion sizes might be a little large. I am usually more than satiated after only an entree. Sure I can and sometimes do overdo it with an appetizer or dessert, but the entree alone is usually more than enough food. Now, this all depends on the restaurant and even the item that you order, of course.

We are two healthy, young adults, and we usually get by on dinner splitting an appetizer and each ordering an main course. Throw in a tasty beverage apiece, and this usually leaves us too full to even consider dessert.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
When we went in April we only ate at QS locations and 1 TS(we rented a house with some friends so we ate dinner off site) Thank you guys for confirming for me :) I hope I didn't make a mistake getting the dining plan now :eek:

dreamfinder

tink33

You can see historical discount info here -> http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Personally, I'd run the numbers. It always makes sense to run the numbers when ever the dining plan is involved. You may not end up saving that much when you compare the posted menu prices.

One trip we did not get the meal plan. Our daughter was just 2 years old. Buying meals out of pocket was cheaper.
Now that our daughter is 9 we split meals. We got the Counter Serve Dining Plan this year. Beacuse we split meals, we had 7 meals left when we checked out.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
You can see historical discount info here -> http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Personally, I'd run the numbers. It always makes sense to run the numbers when ever the dining plan is involved. You may not end up saving that much when you compare the posted menu prices.
thanks
One trip we did not get the meal plan. Our daughter was just 2 years old. Buying meals out of pocket was cheaper.

Now that our daughter is 9 we split meals. We got the Counter Serve Dining Plan this year. Beacuse we split meals, we had 7 meals left when we checked out.
good point on the meal splitting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom