• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Portillo’s coming to Disney springs?

bubbles1812

????

Me from Illinois. Went to the original shack in Villa Park. I’m not sure what cracks you up. Good food. Fair Price. Confused.
Don’t you ever laugh happily when you’re sharing someone’s joy about something you already enjoy? Yeesh. That’s all I meant.

HiJe

Advertisement
What is needed is a Portillos hot dog eating contest since guests pig out while on vacation. Paging Joey Chesnut, Nathan's champ.....
I don't know about a Portillo's eating contest. It is so good and I force myself to eat the Maxwell Street Polish slowly so I can enjoy it more. Would just be wasting good food shoving it down quickly.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a well-loved regional chain with few locations outside of the midwest. Many guests will likely go out of their way to seek it, the same way they do with Giordano's, which is very close to this.
Living in Des Plaines I'm just a short drive from the Rosemont Giordano's and the closest Portillo's are the Schamburg, Niles & New one they built in Harwood Heights/Norridge area off of Lawrence....There was at one point talks about bringing Portillos to the Des Plaines area right around the Mannheim/Higgins area so it would have been close to O'hare and Allstate Arena...I'd be all up for that!

Seanual757

This enthusiasm cracks me up. I’m a lifelong Midwesterner now based out of South Bend, IN. We have our own Portillo’s and the excitement was equal to what I see in this thread. I hope it finds success in Florida.
The Brandon and Tampa Locations are busy the 1st Portillo's location in Orlando will be a success it's in a busy area and plenty of us have been driving 90 minutes to go to Tampa for our fix. Now that it's local 20 minutes for me I will go weekly :)

A second from my understanding is in the planning stages for a location more north of the Lake Buena Vista area more towards Altamonte Springs.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Premium Member
I believe that the owner of Portillo's is a significant investor in the group which owns The Boathouse (along with Gibson's steakhouse in Chicago).
Warren Buffet through the Berkshire holdings. Back in 2014. Mr Portillo is still an active prop.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Premium Member
Top Bottom