Portillo’s coming to Disney springs?

bubbles1812

????

Me from Illinois. Went to the original shack in Villa Park. I’m not sure what cracks you up. Good food. Fair Price. Confused.
Don’t you ever laugh happily when you’re sharing someone’s joy about something you already enjoy? Yeesh. That’s all I meant.

HiJe

What is needed is a Portillos hot dog eating contest since guests pig out while on vacation. Paging Joey Chesnut, Nathan's champ.....

I don't know about a Portillo's eating contest. It is so good and I force myself to eat the Maxwell Street Polish slowly so I can enjoy it more. Would just be wasting good food shoving it down quickly.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's a well-loved regional chain with few locations outside of the midwest. Many guests will likely go out of their way to seek it, the same way they do with Giordano's, which is very close to this.

Living in Des Plaines I'm just a short drive from the Rosemont Giordano's and the closest Portillo's are the Schamburg, Niles & New one they built in Harwood Heights/Norridge area off of Lawrence....There was at one point talks about bringing Portillos to the Des Plaines area right around the Mannheim/Higgins area so it would have been close to O'hare and Allstate Arena...I'd be all up for that!

Seanual757

This enthusiasm cracks me up. I’m a lifelong Midwesterner now based out of South Bend, IN. We have our own Portillo’s and the excitement was equal to what I see in this thread. I hope it finds success in Florida.

The Brandon and Tampa Locations are busy the 1st Portillo's location in Orlando will be a success it's in a busy area and plenty of us have been driving 90 minutes to go to Tampa for our fix. Now that it's local 20 minutes for me I will go weekly :)

A second from my understanding is in the planning stages for a location more north of the Lake Buena Vista area more towards Altamonte Springs.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Interestingly weird

Woodfield sits in the middle of 2 Portillo’s one to the East and one to the West on the same main road of Woodfield.
Portillo’s Pop Up is now open at Woodfield.
BD207E47-23CB-4A85-8B14-D2CE33AECDE4.jpeg

0D49B356-93D5-4C63-919D-9EE68F766DEA.jpeg

856D0AD2-C704-4FDA-A281-656CA3927970.jpeg

jaxonp

More importantly.. unless Portillos gets back to its roots than I'm afraid it might fail. It's living off reputation in Chicago but most of us know that the food isn't as fresh, consistent or anywhere near as fast as they used to be. The new owners have also removed many items from the menu. Portillos just isn't the same anymore and it's real sad.

Seanual757

More importantly.. unless Portillos gets back to its roots than I'm afraid it might fail. It's living off reputation in Chicago but most of us know that the food isn't as fresh, consistent or anywhere near as fast as they used to be. The new owners have also removed many items from the menu. Portillos just isn't the same anymore and it's real sad.

We have been to Portillo's in Brandon about 20 times since it opened it's always fresh and great. I fly up to Chicago all the time tastes the same up in Chicago area as it does down in Brandon, FL...

Ricky Spanish

I haven’t been to Portillo’s in a couple months but I recently talked with my uncle who LOVES their chili dogs. He went a few days ago to get his two dogs only to realize that the chili was different.
He was really upset. Threw them out after one bite.
Just goes without saying, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

jaxonp

I haven’t been to Portillo’s in a couple months but I recently talked with my uncle who LOVES their chili dogs. He went a few days ago to get his two dogs only to realize that the chili was different.
Lots of stuff like this happening. That got rid of the tuna sandwich and the fries, the legendary fries, are almost never good anymore. Not fresh.

jaxonp

We have been to Portillo's in Brandon about 20 times since it opened it's always fresh and great. I fly up to Chicago all the time tastes the same up in Chicago area as it does down in Brandon, FL...

trust me, I’m not the only person that thinks this. Look at any google review of portillos in Chicagoland and you’ll see a shared sentiment. It’s unfortunate.

jaklgreen

Some of that might be supply issues. I know a lot of food products are just not being produced right now. We can hope that things start to go back by next year, but there are a lot of things that will be different through no fault of the restaurants. I have a part time job doing online shopping at a local grocery store and there are a ton of items that the stores can't get because they are not being produced. Companies have trimmed down production to items that are the most popular and sell well. Sad, but a reality now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
It's about 5 miles away from Disney Springs.

Opening date -

"The much-anticipated opening of the Portillo’s near Walt Disney World is set for March 2."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom