Port Orleans

Capt. Salty

I've heard that EPCOT and D-MGM are within walking distance from one or both of the Port Orleans resorts? any truth to this one?

sbkline

I've heard that EPCOT and D-MGM are within walking distance from one or both of the Port Orleans resorts? any truth to this one?

It depends on how you define "walking distance". I could walk from my house in Illinois to the Port Orleans Resort, but it may take a while. :ROFLOL:

I don't think either park is considered to be "walking distance" from the Port Orleans Resorts, though. Epcot is close enough that you can see and hear a little bit of Illuminations, but I don't think you can walk there from the resort.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and the Boardwalk Resort?

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
It depends on how you define "walking distance". I could walk from my house in Illinois to the Port Orleans Resort, but it may take a while. :ROFLOL:

I don't think either park is considered to be "walking distance" from the Port Orleans Resorts, though. Epcot is close enough that you can see and hear a little bit of Illuminations, but I don't think you can walk there from the resort.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and the Boardwalk Resort?
No, I know about the Yacht/Beach club resorts...I had just heard a rumor that these 2 parks were accessible by walking, or by boat, in the case of EPCOT (again, I know boats are available from the other deluxe resorts.) Just trying to verify some info...
thanks

Upvote 0

Bluewaves

Yacht , Beach, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin are all within walking distance of both Disney Hollywood Studios(MGM) and Epcot.

Port Orleans has a convinent boat service to Downtown Disney, but bring your bug spray if you do this after dark. Epcot and MGM are both a few miles from PO so walking really isn't an option.

Upvote 0

sbkline

No, I know about the Yacht/Beach club resorts...I had just heard a rumor that these 2 parks were accessible by walking, or by boat, in the case of EPCOT (again, I know boats are available from the other deluxe resorts.) Just trying to verify some info...
thanks

I think the source you heard this from was confusing the PO resorts with the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. Because those resorts are accesible to Epcot by boat or by walking, through the designated walkway through Epcot's "International Gateway".

The Boats from the Port Orleans resorts only go to Downtown Disney. While you may technically be able to walk from the Port Orleans Resorts to Epcot if you are up for a 3 or 4 mile walk, I'm not sure it's allowed. To my knowledge, there is no designated walking path, so you would either be making your own path there, or walking along the road, and I'm not sure they would allow you to do that.

Upvote 0

willythelab

no walking or boating

port orleans riverside and french quarter are not connected by boat to either epcot or disney studios. you can take a boat from those resorts directly to downtown disney on the sassagoula river. they are also not within walking distance either. its busses to all four parks from there. carribean beach is almost walking distance, but its like risking life and limb. the scariest ride in the world is walking out on open roads. don't do it. take a nice air conditioned bus. have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Yacht , Beach, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin are all within walking distance of both Disney Hollywood Studios(MGM) and Epcot.

Port Orleans has a convinent boat service to Downtown Disney, but bring your bug spray if you do this after dark. Epcot and MGM are both a few miles from PO so walking really isn't an option.
This is what I had thought, as well...
Thanks for all the info, I really do appreciate it!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
I think the source you heard this from was confusing the PO resorts with the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts. Because those resorts are accesible to Epcot by boat or by walking, through the designated walkway through Epcot's "International Gateway".

I think so, too :p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom