Port Orleans vs Coronado Springs?

correcaminos

Is a POR "Woods View" room in Alligator Bayou? It sure sounds like it: "Views of Landscaping, Courtyard or Bayou". I like Alligator Bayou better than Magnolia anyway. I'm thinking of taking the big leap from All Star Sports to POR. Sure, I'm saving money with Sports but thinking of upgrading to a moderate.
I think the jump is worth it to me! Even without your situation at hand, but we do spend a decent amount of time in our rooms. The location is stunning and while I personally like Magnolia over AB, the whole resort is just lovely.

JohnD

I think the jump is worth it to me! Even without your situation at hand, but we do spend a decent amount of time in our rooms. The location is stunning and while I personally like Magnolia over AB, the whole resort is just lovely.
Now I'm thinking of AK Lodge Standard King with Disney+ rate of $406/night (regular $542). I'm holding it in my shopping cart. Outside this thread, I know.

Ayla

Have you stayed at OKW? A one bedroom villa there has a king bed in the master and a couch(sofa) and love seat for the kids so they don't sleep together in the living room. They are the largest rooms on- property if you want lots of space, and the one bedroom comes with a full kitchen and laundry room. If that is too expensive for you, Port Orleans is wonderful, and connects to the boats atOKW and POR. Washer/dryer is by the pool and is much smaller than most places.
OKW has their own boats. They are not in any way connected to POR and POFQ.

UNCgolf

Now I'm thinking of AK Lodge Standard King with Disney+ rate of $406/night (regular $542). I'm holding it in my shopping cart. Outside this thread, I know.

AK Lodge is probably the best hotel on property, but it is farther away from just about everything (other than Animal Kingdom) with only buses to get you around. Still, $400 a night would be hard to pass up.

JohnD

AK Lodge is probably the best hotel on property, but it is farther away from just about everything (other than Animal Kingdom) with only buses to get you around. Still, $400 a night would be hard to pass up.

I'm an AP holder and am used to driving to the parks. On my last trip I stayed at the Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossing. I'd say that drive is comparable to driving from AK Lodge to anywhere else in WDW.

correcaminos

The only park it's really not near to is MK. But none of the non MK resorts are close either. The other 3 parks aren't far from each other.

I do love AKL but don't plan to stay until the cultural reps return.

JohnD

The only park it's really not near to is MK. But none of the non MK resorts are close either. The other 3 parks aren't far from each other.

I do love AKL but don't plan to stay until the cultural reps return.

The AK Lodge room was taken but since I was willing to pay for it, POFQ River View was available so I opted for that instead.

Raxel7851

OKW has their own boats. They are not in any way connected to POR and POFQ.
You are able to take the POR/POFQ boats to Disney Springs, then transfer to the OKW boat there. You’re right though that there’s no direct boat transportation between them.

Freshee61

IMHO i would choose Coronado.

Love the facilities, food court, pool, their pool side activities and the beds.

i have always found the beds the most comfortable on property even more than deluxe.

Oh bother!

Original Poster
Have you stayed at OKW? A one bedroom villa there has a king bed in the master and a couch(sofa) and love seat for the kids so they don't sleep together in the living room. They are the largest rooms on- property if you want lots of space, and the one bedroom comes with a full kitchen and laundry room. If that is too expensive for you, Port Orleans is wonderful, and connects to the boats atOKW and POR. Washer/dryer is by the pool and is much smaller than most places.
Sorry I missed this suggestion! I haven’t but honestly the kitchen and laundry are wasted on us…. I will have waited three years to get back to WDW I’m not cooking 🤣

TrainsOfDisney

Both are good choices. I would definitely vote for Port Orleans. They have great food at the food courts right now and both resorts are so relaxing. You can take the boats to and from Disney Springs. Get Beignets and listen to jazz music at French quarter, and see yee-haw Bob at riverside.

I was staying at the Hilton by Disney springs and spent much of my time at port orleans. Loved it.

I’ve stayed at all of them (Coronado, Riverside, and French Quarter) and they are all very nice resorts.

Coronado has the most luxorious but also the least Disney feel to me.

Last edited:
We stayed at the Coranado Springs and like it. here is what we didn't like.

a) Businesses would be there at seminars and took a little away from the get away from work experience.
b) This resort is huge and depending on where you are located can be a a good walk at night when you're tired and just want to get to your room.

We stayed at Port Orleans Riversides numerous times. We just love it. We love the Old South feeling and enjoy the laid-back feel and beautiful landscaping. Love the water way and overall, just love the resort itself. We stayed their when it was originally known as the Dixie Landings.

Honestly, whatever resort you stay at between the two, you will be happy. Enjoy your trip, we are finally next year trying to go back to WDW and really looking into the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Have a Magical Day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom