Port Orleans vs Coronado Springs?

ppete1975

Thank you! That’s really interesting…. I’d probably prefer a little more of a luxury feel!
We were not a fan of all stars at all so I’ve been concerned not to repeat anything like that experience!!
I wouldnt worry about port orleans feeling like all stars. While not as fancy as coronado, it is really really nice. It would be like comparing motel 6 to a marriot. While it might not have the gym or spas its still really nice, quiet well themed and clean.

Artemicon

I like the rooms and food at Coronado springs, but it's not worth the bus wait times and scale of the resort. I really like Port Orleans Riverside for its compact size, the theming, and the grounds are very nice just to walk in.

I can see why people like CS. it does feel more luxurious, but POR feels more intimate, cozy, and themed.

ppete1975

With all the walking we do I certainly don’t need a gym on a Disney holiday!
youre certainly getting leg day.. but how about upper body :) unless you have kids and have to carry one alot.. then you have a full body workout. Or you shop like i do... sigh.. at least the wallet gets lighter i guess.

Minnesota disney fan

We’ve booked!

Based on all the feedback we went with POFQ but plan to visit POR at least one evening for some food and to enjoy the entertainment.

We pick FQ over riverside mainly based on feedback for those with mobility issues and it being first bus pick up!

We aren’t going until November 2023, booking well ahead on the current U.K. dining credit and free gift card offer, so I’ve plenty of time to research rooms and make requests!

Thank you all!
Hi: I think you'll be happy at POFQ. I don't understand the comment about first bus pick up? I know that POR and fQ sometimes share a bus at times, but in all our times at FQ, we have never shared with POR. I don't know if we were really lucky or what but if it does happen I would guess that FQ is first stop, but don't know for sure.

Oh bother!

Original Poster
Hi: I think you'll be happy at POFQ. I don't understand the comment about first bus pick up? I know that POR and fQ sometimes share a bus at times, but in all our times at FQ, we have never shared with POR. I don't know if we were really lucky or what but if it does happen I would guess that FQ is first stop, but don't know for sure.
Hi …. It’s only one small thing that helped break the deadlock on a decision.

It was based on information given earlier in this thread for when it happens that the resorts shared on non core hours/when less busy…
WRT POR/POFQ remember the distance between the north end of POFQ to POR is about the same as the distance to the POFQ's lobby. Obviously the distance to POR's lobby is longer, but it's an easy stroll, or you can just take the boat.

Of the two, I personally much prefer FQ as if busses are being shared between the resorts, FQ is the first pick-up and first drop-off. I have been known to wander over to Riverside to sit in the shade in the afternoon though. I find French Quarter most pleasant during mornings and evenings. Riverside for me is at its best during the day.

Minnesota disney fan

Hi …. It’s only one small thing that helped break the deadlock on a decision.

It was based on information given earlier in this thread for when it happens that the resorts shared on non core hours/when less busy…
I think the reason why we never experienced this is that we always visit at "slow" times, or we did. It seems like slow times might be a thing of the past. We don't visit on holidays or other usually busy times. So, I guess, we go on less busy times and have never experienced this. Either way, don't think it would be much of a problem.

JohnD

Is a POR "Woods View" room in Alligator Bayou? It sure sounds like it: "Views of Landscaping, Courtyard or Bayou". I like Alligator Bayou better than Magnolia anyway. I'm thinking of taking the big leap from All Star Sports to POR. Sure, I'm saving money with Sports but thinking of upgrading to a moderate.

UNCgolf

Is a POR "Woods View" room in Alligator Bayou? It sure sounds like it: "Views of Landscaping, Courtyard or Bayou". I like Alligator Bayou better than Magnolia anyway. I'm thinking of taking the big leap from All Star Sports to POR. Sure, I'm saving money with Sports but thinking of upgrading to a moderate.

Personally, I would much rather spend the extra money to be at POR than stay at one of the values.

I think POR is the best resort on property from a value proposition, though. Others feel differently.

JohnD

Personally, I would much rather spend the extra money to be at POR than stay at one of the values.

I think POR is the best resort on property from a value proposition, though. Others feel differently.

It's about $1k more than Sports (Disney+ Rate) for "Room only" for my 6 night trip (Sunday - Saturday). It's not yet available for any discounts. I suppose I could put down for it, pay the deposit and hold both POR and Sports then make the final decision 5 days out. I've already made my park reservations and ADRs and the dates would be the same. It's in my Shopping Cart ready for checkout.

UNCgolf

It's about $1k more than Sports (Disney+ Rate) for "Room only" for my 6 night trip (Sunday - Saturday). It's not yet available for any discounts. I suppose I could put down for it, pay the deposit and hold both POR and Sports then make the final decision 5 days out. I've already made my park reservations and ADRs and the dates would be the same. It's in my Shopping Cart ready for checkout.

POR is just so quiet and has beautiful landscaping. It's a much more relaxing location -- and I'm not even a person who spends much time hanging out at the resort. It would be worth the extra $1k for me but that definitely doesn't mean it would be for you.

The boat to/from Disney Springs is nice too.

JohnD

POR is just so quiet and has beautiful landscaping. It's a much more relaxing location -- and I'm not even a person who spends much time hanging out at the resort. It would be worth the extra $1k for me but that definitely doesn't mean it would be for you.

The boat to/from Disney Springs is nice too.

Ordinarily, no. But my folks recently sold some property and passed on some of the proceeds that they are legally allowed to give to my brother and me. So, I'm strongly thinking about it. I have several ADRs in DS after days in the parks, so the DS boats would be nice.

tclapper2

Thank you! That’s really interesting…. I’d probably prefer a little more of a luxury feel!
We were not a fan of all stars at all so I’ve been concerned not to repeat anything like that experience!!
Have you stayed at OKW? A one bedroom villa there has a king bed in the master and a couch(sofa) and love seat for the kids so they don't sleep together in the living room. They are the largest rooms on- property if you want lots of space, and the one bedroom comes with a full kitchen and laundry room. If that is too expensive for you, Port Orleans is wonderful, and connects to the boats atOKW and POR. Washer/dryer is by the pool and is much smaller than most places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom