Port Orleans to test self check-in

asialeigh

No. You know what is being rolled out. You know the impact it has on your daily business. That is powerful, but far from understanding what the long term impact is.

It doesn't mean you design systems like this for a living, nor does it mean you understand them or their long term advantages or disadvantages.

And, the fact you accept them, because it probably makes your life easier, probably doesn't speak well for the state of "guest service" at Disney at all.
You are now making this personal and I don't want to derail this thread so it will stop here.

Also you know nothing about the guest service I provide.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You are now making this personal and I don't want to derail this thread so it will stop here.

Also you know nothing about the guest service I provide.
No, I am not making it personal with respect to you. I am making it personal with respect to your conclusions.

YOU made it personal by utilizing your personal experience as justification. I responded. And now you think it's "personal", after using your own "personal" experience as support for your argument?

I know that once most of it has been automated, there's more labor line cuts on the P&L that will be demanded...

cspencer96

Ok. So this is getting to a point I didn't imagine this thread would go to. Anyways, I like this idea. As a DVC member, I would love to step off the Magical Express bus, and later receive a text or push notification telling me my room number. Add in directions or a map to the app, and I'm good. As long as people can opt in/out (as the people who seem to know about the actual test of this process say), I'm good. I see it as an opt in thing, not a default option. This also is NOT automation in the traditional sense, nor is it replacing staff, it seems - this is added convenience for the guest. Reducing hassle for those of us who visit often.

homerdance

Agree 100% my experiences checking in have been more burdensome then magical.

We never use ME but there always seems to be a line no matter when we check in. Much prefer the method they use when you do a split stay

Ok. So this is getting to a point I didn't imagine this thread would go to. Anyways, I like this idea. As a DVC member, I would love to step off the Magical Express bus, and later receive a text or push notification telling me my room number. Add in directions or a map to the app, and I'm good. As long as people can opt in/out (as the people who seem to know about the actual test of this process say), I'm good. I see it as an opt in thing, not a default option. This also is NOT automation in the traditional sense, nor is it replacing staff, it seems - this is added convenience for the guest. Reducing hassle for those of us who visit often.

wogwog

Sounds like a good option. It should roll out just as smooth as the rubber bands did at getting us in the park or in the room. Oh wait that wasn't so.....

Nubs70

It is surely automation of the human in the loop front desk check in procedure. Once the participation level is determined, the number of front desk employees WILL be rationalized. If 50% of guests utilize the service with 95% satisfaction, the number of persons employed at the front desk WILL be cut in half.

Tom

Beta Return
It is surely automation of the human in the loop front desk check in procedure. Once the participation level is determined, the number of front desk employees WILL be rationalized. If 50% of guests utilize the service with 95% satisfaction, the number of persons employed at the front desk WILL be cut in half.

This is indeed a logical conclusion.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The next test is going to be 'self-housekeeping' :D

This made me smile. Similar to the time when they implemented go green keep your old dirty towel another day.

When we checked into POFC our dining plan disappeared....it was a long long process to get it back after check-in. Almost 2 hours. If we skipped check in we wouldn't have found out dining wasn't on the bands until we were tapping to pay in a restaurant. I would be more comfortable with this leap if MB and MDE didn't still have so many flaws.

DManRightHere

I like the idea of having the option, but I would only use this at a hotel we are very familiar with.

This is why I keep saying mm+ is a good investment, just wait until you can order you counter service meals from your smart phone while waiting in line for space mountain. Go scan your magic band at a Self service FP+ counter and it's a shorter wait and no cashier for disney to to pay.

There is countless possibilities and it is very versatile.

JasonDeyoung

They kinda do that with the fp for bog the website they gave me for the fp gave you the option of ordering ahead of time. It's crazy to think of all that could come from mm+ I love it so far

seascape

They kinda do that with the fp for bog the website they gave me for the fp gave you the option of ordering ahead of time. It's crazy to think of all that could come from mm+ I love it so far
I agree with you. I love MDE, fast pass plus and my magic bands. I see so many other things that can be improved with automation, freeing up cast members for expansion of resorts, parks, restaurants and stores. I don't want to see any cast members laid off but I want to see expansions and improvements all over WDW.

Facepalm

I agree with you. I love MDE, fast pass plus and my magic bands. I see so many other things that can be improved with automation, freeing up cast members for expansion of resorts, parks, restaurants and stores. I don't want to see any cast members laid off but I want to see expansions and improvements all over WDW.

NONE of those things will ever happen. These free'ed up cast members will be free to work elsewhere.

Nubs70

You love the automation yet don't want to reduce headcount? Do you not understand what automation is for?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom