Port Orleans Riverside

mrtoad

We have been staying there for a while. We have stayed 4 or 5 times the last being this past Jan/Feb. They were started being refurbed this past March. I have to admit, it did need it. My bed was bad which was a first. I would just ask for a building that has been refurbed which I think is most of them if not all now.

I have to say also it is a beautiful resort that we love. It was the first time we ever had any problems.

Mike

Upvote 0

shari71

I think they are refurbing them building by building. In October we were there and had one of each. The first night we had a newly refurbed room with a bigger TV, mini-fridge, curtain to separate the sink area from the main room and all around new paint, pictures, carpet, etc.

Then we stayed in an older room which was ok, but needed some work.

We have stayed there the past 7 years and the rooms have always been clean and kept up, just not always the newest.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

shari71 said:
I think they are refurbing them building by building. In October we were there and had one of each. The first night we had a newly refurbed room with a bigger TV, mini-fridge, curtain to separate the sink area from the main room and all around new paint, pictures, carpet, etc.

Then we stayed in an older room which was ok, but needed some work.

We have stayed there the past 7 years and the rooms have always been clean and kept up, just not always the newest.

The Tvs were not that small, what did they get? Also what is the curtain like, it is hard to picture?

Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I just called up and was told that refurbishment of Riverside is complete. Of course the CM could be wrong...

Speaking of TVs, does anyone know if the TVs in the room have front AV inputs like the ones in the deluxe resorts? I might bring my portable DVD player, and I'd rather hook that and/or an MP3 player up to the TV's speakers than try to lug a boom box to Orlando...

Upvote 0

TURKEY

I know the mansions have been done since late summer/early fall. Not sure if all the bayou rooms have been done or not (I would think they should be).

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

mrtoad said:
Thanks. The pictures that have them are from Port Orleans FQ but definitly show what it looks like. Not as strange as it sounded.

Oh, I was looking on the site and couldn't find them. I was about to ask where they were. Thanks.

We haven't stayed at PORS since it was Dixi Landings (last vist was 2000) and we are going to stay there this May. It will be our 1st time there with kids and I was wondering if the main pool has a kiddy pool part. Does anyone know. I remember the island had a playground. I am really looking forward to it.

Mary

Upvote 0

mrtoad

DisneyPhD said:
Oh, I was looking on the site and couldn't find them. I was about to ask where they were. Thanks.

We haven't stayed at PORS since it was Dixi Landings (last vist was 2000) and we are going to stay there this May. It will be our 1st time there with kids and I was wondering if the main pool has a kiddy pool part. Does anyone know. I remember the island had a playground. I am really looking forward to it.

Mary

The main pool is Old Man Island. It has a water slide and I think some sort of a climbing thing but I am not sure about that part.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Yes POR has a kiddie pool at ol man island. Never been in it myself but if I remember correctly it was about 15 ft in diameter and it looked to only be about 1ft deep. We stayed in Partaree building at christmas which was being refurbed when we were there in july and yes it looked good. New fridge, curtain, iron, new tile, the works. however........I still think disney rooms are very clean but.......As we were packing to leave I always check under the bed and dressers for any toys that my 4 year old may have shoved under them. I was supprised in the amount of dust and crumbs that were there. But like I said I still feel the rooms are very clean. And as far as the tvs, yes they do have the front av jacks. If anyone needs pics of anything specific let me know and I will e mail them to you as I have tons of pictures that I dont really know what to do with of POR.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Brian Skinner said:
Yes POR has a kiddie pool at ol man island. Never been in it myself but if I remember correctly it was about 15 ft in diameter and it looked to only be about 1ft deep. We stayed in Partaree building at christmas which was being refurbed when we were there in july and yes it looked good. New fridge, curtain, iron, new tile, the works. however........I still think disney rooms are very clean but.......As we were packing to leave I always check under the bed and dressers for any toys that my 4 year old may have shoved under them. I was supprised in the amount of dust and crumbs that were there. But like I said I still feel the rooms are very clean. And as far as the tvs, yes they do have the front av jacks. If anyone needs pics of anything specific let me know and I will e mail them to you as I have tons of pictures that I dont really know what to do with of POR.

Thanks Brian. We are really looking forward to it. We are DVC so it has been a while since we have stayed at non DVC resort. Dixie landings is the very 1st resort hubby and I ever stayed at on WDW prop and we just fell in love with the place. Kind of like coming home. How did your 4 year old like it? (We will be taking one of those and a 9 month old.)

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

My 4 year likes it. He has stayed there 4 times now but still talkes about POP from when we were there last march. I guess its something about the bright colors and 20 ft tall mr potato head that beats out POR in the eyes of a kid.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom