Port Orleans Riverside: what room is best?

ajmanns

We are going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside during Thanksgiving week, and I need advice on where we should request to stay. Magnolia Bend Mansion rooms OR the Bayou rooms? I have read that the Bayou rooms have pedestal sinks, and we like to have room to spread out our toiletry-type stuff by the bathroom sink. (We have a teenage daughter, so you know how much room we need!) So i'm thinking that might not be so good. Other than that, I sure could use help! THANKS!

gregburg

We just got back today from POR. This time we were in the mansions, last year in the bayou section. The rooms are just about exactly the same (both have pedistal sinks). One difference is that the mansions do *not* have trundle beds (evidently you can request on though).

Before we left I had requested Bayou, but we ended up in mansions. Note that the hotel was very full when we were there, I had requested a change, but they couldn't do it (we also had connecting rooms though, so that may have had an impact).

Looking back on it though, the difference for me was really a toss up. The only bummer was that the mansions aren't the first stops for the buses, so you may see some full buses go by.

-Greg

Upvote 0

murphy

port orleans

Never stayed at the french quarter but the mansions at riverside are beautiful. the landscaping, the river , the boats the bridge, and the boat ride to donwtown disney are awesome!!Beautiful landscaping!! very peaceful!! I really enjoyed my stay.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hello there AJ, Port Orleans is pretty lovely regardless of where you stay. I personally prefer the Mansions to the Bayou sction although both were lovely. I preferred the Mansions as the layout is more straight foward, while the Bayou is more winding. I am dizzy enough and dont require any help from twisty sidewalks!! However the Bayou buildings can be quite a great deal closer to the main building where the food courts, main desk, giftshop and last but most importantly Boatwrights is!!! Boatwrights is absolutely amazing place for breakfast. Give it a shot on the first morning and you may not want to go anywhere else. I Am going to try to E mail you thru the boards and include some of my own pictures of the resort. If you dont get anything plesae E mail me thru the boards and Ill respond and send the pics along with my comments. Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

polyman 65

All the rooms at Dixie (riverside)are great,we prefer the bayou rooms dont know why and we always ask for a corner room no matter where we stay.Also ask for a building close to the food court.Hope this helps

Upvote 0

cj2me

We are staying here in March, I was wondering the same thing, we will be traveling with our daughter and my brother in law's family, they have 3 kids. We want to be close to the main building and also close enough to the main pool. What do you suggest? I also heard the some of the bayou buildings dont have elevators, is that true? What about buildings 14 and 15?

Upvote 0

luvorlando

There is a shelf above the pedestal sinks for your toiletries, etc. It's not very wide, but it is long.

It's true, the Bayou section does not have elevators. I don't know about the Mansion section.

Building 14 is literally a less than 1 minute walk to the food court.

I like the corner rooms in the Bayou section because they have 2 windows.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

as I said before if anyone would like pics of the places we are talking about, I do have them I just dont know how to put them into the posting itself. I have stayed there many times and I still think that this is one of the nicest resorts I have stayed at anywhere!! Either place will be comfortable, although I prefer the quiet pools to the main pool area. The main pool area is segregated from the rest of the resort on its own private area. Check out www.wdwig.com for pictures of the resort. Look under accomodations, and then in your left hand column look for Port Orleans Riverside and under that photos!! Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please keep in mind, bldg 14 is the closest building, and the most popular. I stayed there a few years ago and had to wait an eternity for my room to be ready. You may want to stay close, you can choose bldg. 18 on the bayou side also or bldg. 90 on the Magnolia bend side.

Pam

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Port Orleans Mansions

We LOVE this resort; have stayed in Mansions each time. Magnolia Terrace is 'pretty close" to the bridge to the Main building; also to one of the private pools, as well as "Ol Man Island AS WELL AS laundry area. All in all this is a great location, not to mention beautiful! The key to the mansion area is Water View or Standard. Water view is closer to main building, bridges over the Sassagoula, pools, etc. Either way, you will love this resort.

Upvote 0

ajmanns

Original Poster
:animwink: You guys have been extremely helpful! It's such a hard decision! I'm leaning toward the Magnolia Bend rooms.
We have reserved a "water view" room. I love to look out our window and see a beautiful sight.... just adds to the magic of Disney! Can I request the Magnolia Bend area now, before we get down there and check in?

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Yes, you can request it now. You can also request a refrigerator if you need one at this time too. Also, make sure you let them know if you need a smoking or non-smoking room.

Pam

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Originally posted by ajmanns
We are going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside during Thanksgiving week,

Please remember that this is a VERY busy week at WDW.
Stay flexible and don't get your heart set on something that may be impossible to do.

Upvote 0

Firewolfe51

:) Hello everyone!! Just returned from POR last Tuesday. First time to stay there. We stayed in the Magnolia rooms in Partere Place (9590). The family had two rooms right next to us. Everyone was very pleased with the accomodations. The rooms are almost "fancy". Very floral motif. Spacious enough for us. One of our rooms even had a crib and fridge in it, and still roomy enough. The shelf over the sinks was big enough, and believe me we have lots of stuff to put there. Needless to say it stayed full the whole time. Our room was semi-close to the main buliding and food court. It was a very pleasant stroll along the river to get there. Surroundings are eye pleasing. We would stay again.:)

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its horses for courses. We preffered the bayou rooms because of the "quiet pools" it was nice to have a quick dip after a day in the parks. As for this obsession with getting as physically close to the main building as possible, unless you have someone with mobility issues it really is overstated at this resort. The busses however are probably not. On ocassions when we have used transport quite regularly Magnolia bends residents were left standing as full busses passed buy.
Love the resort, would stay again and personally preffer building 16.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom