Port Orleans Riverside - Refrigerators?

symon

Does every room at the POR have a refrigerator? We are just starting to plan a WDW vacation and I have read a lot of good things about POR so are think it will be our choice but we need a fridge because my son needs daily medication which must be kept refrigerated.

Nemo14

I believe all the moderates have them now at no cost and they are also available at the values for a fee.

BTW, POR is our favorite resort! :wave:

Upvote 0

beagle 1

I believe all the rooms at Port Orleans Riverside (a.k.a Lizardside) have refrigerators. I would call the resort directly (407) 934-6000 and explain to them the medical situation and confirm that they do have refrigerators in the rooms.

I stayed at this resort in October of 2005. What a great resort!

Here is a good webpage about POR for you to review.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/portriverside.htm

Hopes this helps.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

I can also confirm that ALL Disney Moderate and Deluxe Resorts have complimentary refrigerators either already in the room or availiable on request at check-in (some locations are still in the process of installing them.)

The Disney Value Resorts offer refrigerators for a nightly charge of $10 paid at the resort. These resorts can also offer small medical refrigerators at no cost if requested in advance. Note the medical refrigerators are large enough to hold a full month's supply of medications but not large enough to hold something the size of a 2-liter bottle of soda.

PLEASE when making any room request, call the Disney Reservation Center at 1-407-W-DISNEY or your travel agent. Please do not call the Resort itself. The Resorts do not download your reservation until just a few days prior to your arrival, and they do not have the means to add requests to a future reservation. Since we automatically time-stamp all noted request, it is always best to request them when you first make your reservation.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Coastercameron

A word of warning. We found our fridge in POR to be only a few degrees below room temp. There is no dial on these, so we called the front desk, and they had someone come and adjust it for us, however it still wasn't cold enough to cool beverages in less than a day, and barely kept anything that was cold when it went in cold when it came out.

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

We just came back on 1/21 from POR. We had a fridge. Ours kept everything really cold (some things were actually frozen.) It is a great resort. We are headed back next Thursday to try POFQ.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We called the front desk at POR about our cool-but-not-cold refrigerator, and they had it working properly when we returned to our room. It's a GREAT resort - our favorite!

Upvote 0

symon

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info, you are all great - such quick info. I'll be sure to make sure to check the temp of the fridge before putting the medicine in, would hate to have it spoil, it is very expensive!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I travel with a very small digital thermometer that shows highs and lows and is resetable. That way if power goes out, is out for a while and your not there, you can tell if food items shouldnt be used.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom