Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach?

formie

Original Poster
Can anyone say if there is much difference between these 2 resorts? Looking to book a 14 night stay for next April and trying to work out the pro's and con's of each resort.

Bluewaves

They are both large, they both have all the amenities, I like both and would say you couldn't go wrong with either.

Port Orleans has the boat to Downtown/Disney Springs so that's a plus if memory serves me correct Riverside doesn't have a sit down restaurant like CBR does but that may or may not be a factor. I personally like the main pool at Caribbean better.

JasonDeyoung

In my honest opinion id go with Riverside. It's beautiful, quiet, great food court, nice pools, boat to dtd, good bus service, close to all the parks (AK is a bit longer) has a restaurant that's pretty good(Boatwrights dinning hall) right next to the food court, you can walk or take the boat to FQ, really nice walkway along the river, rooms are real nice, buildings are only two floors (I believe all of them) just a great resort in general. I stayed at CBR only once and it just didn't rub me the right way. Best of luck :)

JasonDeyoung

They are both large, they both have all the amenities, I like both and would say you couldn't go wrong with either.

Port Orleans has the boat to Downtown/Disney Springs so that's a plus if memory serves me correct Riverside doesn't have a sit down restaurant like CBR does but that may or may not be a factor. I personally like the main pool at Caribbean better.
Boatwrights dinning hall is the restaurant at RS

formie

Original Poster
I think Riverside is winning at the moment due to the boat to dtd and the theming . I've noticed that some rooms sleep 5. Is there a way to specify these rooms?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I'll say what I always say:
Every time anyone is contemplating a stay at moderate It's always a PO Resort or______________.

There's a reason for that. The PO resorts are the gold standard for moderates and in some cases can stand up against a few deluxes.

Go with PORS, Mansion or Bayou you won't be disappointed.

DizneyPryncess

I'll say what I always say:
Every time anyone is contemplating a stay at moderate It's always a PO Resort or______________.

There's a reason for that. The PO resorts are the gold standard for moderates and in some cases can stand up against a few deluxes.

Go with PORS, Mansion or Bayou you won't be disappointed.

Ditto to this!

Andy_0410

Never stayed at CBR
Stay at port Orleans it's the only resort I am having a second stay at in November
(Would do comtemporary again but gotta save up first )

daisyduckie

Another vote for POR. I really wanted to like CBR, but I didn't. It is too darned big and it takes too long to get anywhere--to the food court unless you book preferred, or to the parks due to the number of bus stops. POR is much nicer.

Dwarful

I think Riverside is winning at the moment due to the boat to dtd and the theming . I've noticed that some rooms sleep 5. Is there a way to specify these rooms?

No idea how many are in your group or the ages. However, we had a room that slept five because we have three girls. We were there in 2013 and because of a burst pipe in the bathroom we were moved to AoA. We were SOOOO happy to be moved. The rooms that sleep five are pretty tight unless you have little ones. Our girls were tweens and teens. Not much drawer space. We would go back to POR but not til its either the two of us or a big family trip when the girls are grown with families of their own.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I have stayed at both. I thought I would like POR better but I ended up liking my last stay at CBR more. I think this was because we had a great room location (Jamaica building) so it was easy to walk across the main building because it was right next to the bridge. It was also was the first stop on the bus route (so never had issues with this like some mention). Also, the room was newly renovated.

I do not think you can go wrong with either though. Both are great and equally beautiful.

EDIT: Also, my wife was reluctant about going to CBR due to things she has heard (like how large it is and about the buses), but also ended up liking it more than POR.

Club Cooloholic

Giving CBR a try after staying at bot POR and FQ in the past. Its something different and the main pool looks better for my small ones. I was debating doing AK for 70 more a night but my wife thinks it would be fun to try something different as we did AK last time.

MissingDisney

Going with the unpopular vote here. Hate POR (love POFQ) and love CBR. Pool is way better and if you get a room just over the bridge, everything is very close. We have never taken an internal shuttle bus. Rooms are newly refurbed and love the beach areas to hang out, hammocks, kids throw the ball and aren't in anyone's way, etc.

formie

Original Poster
Thanks for all the recommendations! Will have to book soon as I think the free dining offer for 2016 (UK) ends at the start of July.

NonnaT

I, too, have stayed at both... My choice would be POR, for 2 reasons. DTD boat AND YeeHaw Bob in the lounge of POR. He is amazing! We do like CB as well, but POR has that little edge... But there really are no bad choices!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom