Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach?

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I've stayed at Caribbean a few times now and I've never been that impressed with it. The pool is nice, but I prefer Riverside's pool by a long shot. I think the atmosphere at Riverside is better and think the rooms are much prettier. The boat from Riverside to DTD is a really nice bonus, plus it's so close to Port Orleans French Quarter that it gives you a great chance to go explore their pool area and such as well :)

SugarMagnolia75

Not sure if you've decided already, but we have stayed at both. We've enjoyed both resorts and I don't really think you can go wrong either way. Both of them have rooms that can fit five. The rooms at CBR are being refurb end this year so they will be in better shape and have a solid sliding door to separate the bathroom area. CBR also has a zero entry pool and a great water play area for smaller kids. POR has Yeeha Bob and a boat to DTD. I would just pick whichever theme you prefer.

JohnByers

We changed our reservation from POP to CBR as we are now bringing my oldest sons best friend. Hope my 5'2" 11y/o can fit comfortably on the Murphy bed as he typically sleeps in a ball. This will be our first time at a moderate resort so I'm excited about that.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I stayed at both, most recently at the CBR. I loved the CBR in that it was part of what became our best Disney vacation. The POR is no slouch and that still my favorite because it feels so much more lower key. Depending on the building for the CBR, transportation is a breeze. I think we were at the Jamaica building which happened to be the very first bus stop. That was a plus because that guaranteed out ability to get on the bus without waiting for the next one.

If I were to choose between the two, I'd select POR, but talking with my family, CBR wins out because they liked the pool better, the restaurants and overall the look and feel

JasonDeyoung

I'm a huge Port Orleans fan. I loveeeee FQ which I stay at, we'll just say a lot ;) but I also loved my last stay at Riverside and I am very anxious to stay there again. I just can't seem to make myself like the CBR :(

StephK

We've stayed at POR and loved it so much we booked again but we are splitting our stay and staying 5 nights in a POR mansion and 5 nights @ CBR. Its always nice to try something new! :) My hope is to request a room when we arrive, which is 3 days before a free dining period in October so hopefully we'll just beat the crowds :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom