Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings) Turns 20

Stellajack

Premium Member
OH they had the best Banana stuffed french toast!! Pair it with a mimosa, oh yeah yumminess!!

YOu know I miss too when they use to play the cajun music around theresort as well..AHhhh the good old days...
I also miss when they use to sell the cheese and fruit platters in the dining hall, (yes they sell something similar but not the same) I knew once they started changing the food in the fridge area that something was up..

ooh miss the chocolate covered crossant too!!!!

Goodness YES! AND I also miss those awesome pralines! :slurp: Dixie Landings was the only place on site where you could get these.

zweltar

My wife and I love this resort. It is so peaceful, especially Magnolia Bend. I absolutely love walking around this resort at night, when things are quieted down. You feel so removed from everything, even though you're in the middle of WDW.
Love it!

WDWScottieBoy

Dixie Landings is probably my favorite resort, mainly due to sentimental value. I first stayed there April/May of 96 during my first visit to WDW. I will always call it Dixie and would always make a stop over there even when not staying there. I prefer the Alligator Bayou side because of the trees and pools on that side. So many changes at that property, but it's still "home" to me. Proud to still have my Dixie Landings refill mug (and yes, they are huge compared to mugs today) and many other items from there.

dixiegirl

Goodness YES! AND I also miss those awesome pralines! :slurp: Dixie Landings was the only place on site where you could get these.

I did find the recipe online and it was yummy , but so much better when in Disney and someone makes it for you....And cleans it up!

dixiegirl

Dixie Landings is probably my favorite resort, mainly due to sentimental value. I first stayed there April/May of 96 during my first visit to WDW. I will always call it Dixie and would always make a stop over there even when not staying there. I prefer the Alligator Bayou side because of the trees and pools on that side. So many changes at that property, but it's still "home" to me. Proud to still have my Dixie Landings refill mug (and yes, they are huge compared to mugs today) and many other items from there.

Same here as well, for my Husband and I thats where we Honeymooned and it was one of the best Vacations!!! And I absolutly love the Country feel Of Alligator Bayou>...Yeah I loved the old Disxie Mugs ,especailly the yellow and black ones, they were huge, compared to the ones they have now!!

I have always said it'll always be Dixie!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom