Port Orleans Riverside Assistance - PLEASE HELP

LeeHarman

Hi all, :wave:

We are due at the PO Riverside resort in 3 weeks time, however our eldest daughter has had a knee injury and will not be very mobile. We all would be very grateful if anyone can let us know which buildings at the resort are nearest the bus stop? :shrug:

We are trying to drastically cut down on the distance she would have to walk. (We are also going to hire a stroller for the duration of our stay once in the parks.)

Originally we have been given either building 14 or 15, but do not know if these are in a good location for the buses to the parks etc

I look forward to hearing from anyone soon. Many thanks.:sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Buildings 14 and 15 will be your best bet. 14 will be closer to the food court and if you cross the parking lot 15 will be closer to the main bus stop. You will also want to request a ground floor room as there are no elevators in those buildings. Call Disney and have them put your daughters injury on the reservation and let the CM know about your situation when you check in to the resort as well.

Here is a link to a map of the resort. The path is not shown but you can travel pretty much in a straight line from building 15 to the Dixie and Mason platforms.

http://www.solarius.com/dvp/wdw/riverside.htm

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

I agree. 14 or 15. You will be close to everything. We stayed in 14 last year and it was sooooo nice to be close to the main bldg, we used the food court for late nite (late for us...) snacks when we returned from the parks on the way to our room.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

How old is your daughter? I only ask because the stroller's in the parks are all molded hard plastic and she might be more comfortable, depending on her age, in a wheelchair.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

As the previous poster said, I don't know the age of your daughter. However, when we've taken my grandmother to WDW, we always get a wheelchair for her at the resort. They are complimentary at the resorts and first-come, first-serve. At the parks, you would have to pay a deposit I believe.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom