Port Orleans Re-Opening

dmw

In the Parks
No
Awesome! Thanks for the detail. We are doing a quick 3 night stay as a trial run to see if we'd like a longer stay in the future here. In all the years and number visits, we haven't even visited this property so I'm pretty excited about it.
BTW, POFQ is about 1/2 mile walk away from the POR water wheel, along the river pathway. You can also catch the boat between the resorts (if they are running), but be sure to catch the one with the correct flag. Some boats stop at both resorts, others do not. Just don't miss the opportunity to get beignets even if you walk.

dmw

In the Parks
No
It is interesting! At POR I've spent a lot of time meandering, so maybe it just felt more relaxing. :) Both are lovely resorts though.
Have you rented the surrey bikes at POR? They are fun to ride through POR. And, the path along the river is my favorite run route of all of the resorts. Definitely great for meandering, too. Hourglass Lake between PoP and AoA is a close second for a great run venue.

aliceismad

Have you rented the surrey bikes at POR? They are fun to ride through POR. And, the path along the river is my favorite run route of all of the resorts. Definitely great for meandering, too. Hourglass Lake between PoP and AoA is a close second for a great run venue.
I haven't! Sounds like a fun way to spend an afternoon though.

mattpeto

We won't be there until Oct. 27. Hopefully by then, the boats will be available.
We just pivoted from a one-night at All Stars Movies for our arrival night only, to two nights at PO Riverside (and cutting into our BoardWalk stay by one day).

Really hoping the boats are back (trip in mid December). How did they handle security for the boat launches previously, specifically from Disney Springs?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We just pivoted from a one-night at All Stars Movies for our arrival night only, to two nights at PO Riverside (and cutting into our BoardWalk stay by one day).

Really hoping the boats are back (trip in mid December). How did they handle security for the boat launches previously, specifically from Disney Springs?
There wasn't any security for the boat launches to PO.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
But you do go through security arriving at DS, right? The same checkpoint as the SSR walking path?

graphite1326

Oh, please, please, please allow me to change from Coronado Springs to Riverside tomorrow!! Down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs!
No, I don't mind the size of Riverside at all. After the miles we put in each day in a park this resort size is nothing. I am thrilled at this news!

walt disney animation studios GIF by Disney
I changed. No problem.

nickys

Premium Member
This is fantastic news for fans of Ye Haa Bob. He’s hoping to be back at POR River Roost Lounge once it re-opens.

Popular Port Orleans Riverside 'piano man' entertainer "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson has just shared via his Sunday weekly livestream show that in answer to everyone's questions, he hopes to be able to return to his previous nightly sessions at the River Roost Lounge as soon as the stage finally reopens. Apparently his musician's contract with Disney requires them to offer him his job back if he wants it - and he's just as eager to be back as we are to have him!

While the resort is now known to be re-opening on October 14th, we don't yet know whether the Lounge will be commencing entertainment offerings at the same time - so we might still have to wait a little longer, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

castlecake2.0

This is fantastic news for fans of Ye Haa Bob. He’s hoping to be back at POR River Roost Lounge once it re-opens.

Popular Port Orleans Riverside 'piano man' entertainer "Ye Haa" Bob Jackson has just shared via his Sunday weekly livestream show that in answer to everyone's questions, he hopes to be able to return to his previous nightly sessions at the River Roost Lounge as soon as the stage finally reopens. Apparently his musician's contract with Disney requires them to offer him his job back if he wants it - and he's just as eager to be back as we are to have him!

While the resort is now known to be re-opening on October 14th, we don't yet know whether the Lounge will be commencing entertainment offerings at the same time - so we might still have to wait a little longer, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Hopefully they also bring back the jazz singers at FQ as I’d much prefer watching them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom