Port Orleans French Quarters Was So Quiet

Iteachwood

Loved our stay at French Quarter..been few years since we stayed there. It was so quiet...very relaxing...convienient one bus stop...food court excellent..rooms clean..a very nice experience this year

plaz10

I love hearing this. I have my sights set on POFQ for our next trip (whenever that may be!) so I can't hear enough good things about this resort. Quiet and relaxing is exactly what we're looking for! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

Thanks for sharing! We are about to book (today!) a week-long stay there for January. How is the food there? I'm really looking forward to some beignets!

Upvote 0

coltow

We LOVED FQ and plan to stay there again next summer. We loved the quietness, the kids loved the pool and no one had any complaints about the food court.

Upvote 0

Iteachwood

Original Poster
My wife just loved the Biegets....pool was very nice too..clean..not too hectic like all stars....all rooms really only a short walk to food court and bus area. We have been to all the moderates and some delux and I would say this was the quietest most relaxing, others more lively so to speak and love all of them but French Quarters was just right for wife and i.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

good to hear! this will be one of the resorts we'll be staying at while on our honeymoon

dropping some coin on the Poly and BC then downgrading the rest of the time to FQ. I mean we're going 11 or 12 nights so no biggie!

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

My wife just loved the Biegets....pool was very nice too..clean..not too hectic like all stars....all rooms really only a short walk to food court and bus area. We have been to all the moderates and some delux and I would say this was the quietest most relaxing, others more lively so to speak and love all of them but French Quarters was just right for wife and i.

I just got back from a stay at POFQ myself (8/20-8/28), and I could not agree more! I've stayed at OKW, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club...POFQ wins out over all of them. It's the best combination of theme, amenities, and price, in my opinion. My absolute favorite :) Glad you had a good time, too!

Upvote 0

53Herbie

We will be heading there in February for our first visit to this resort. This was not our first choice, but it met our budget this year. Your post has me feeling better about our selction. Thanks

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The downside to being the first pickup is that after that bus picks you up, you have to make 4 stops at Riverside. That was frustrating.

The place was definitely quiet, but it felt kind of..dead to me. I prefer a place with a little more atmosphere (not zoo-ey like All Stars, but something along the lines of Boardwalk).

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

The downside to being the first pickup is that after that bus picks you up, you have to make 4 stops at Riverside. That was frustrating.

The place was definitely quiet, but it felt kind of..dead to me. I prefer a place with a little more atmosphere (not zoo-ey like All Stars, but something along the lines of Boardwalk).

Thankfully, during our stay last month (8 nights), we only had to share a bus with Riverside once (from DTD). Oddly enough, it actually went to the Riverside stops first (on my last trip, we had to share a few times, and it always went to FQ first).

I'm not sure if it depends on the season, but I'm glad to say the bus sharing didn't affect us much.

I tend to prefer a quieter atmosphere myself, but I did like that I could hear live music every night if I wanted to (without it keeping me up if I didn't :lol:). I have to admit, though,that I would LOVE to stay at BW someday!

Upvote 0

Missymoe4

good to hear! this will be one of the resorts we'll be staying at while on our honeymoon

dropping some coin on the Poly and BC then downgrading the rest of the time to FQ. I mean we're going 11 or 12 nights so no biggie!

What about the GF? I stayed at the Poly for 11 days this past year. It's not too romantic. I mean, it can be, but I think the GF brings out the romance and goes above and beyond for their honeymooners. Just a thought

Upvote 0

drp4video

We were at WDW from 9-3-11 to 9-10-11, stayed at POFQ again. Loved it. We usually go either between Christmas and New Years, or in July or August. when it can be crowded, but this was awesome. I love this resort. The theming is so good, the boat to DTD, the hot tub and pool are good and even at CHristmas were never as crowded as POP. Only wish the hot tub was closer to the pool. Food court is ok, not as good as POP selection wise, but it is a lot calmer. Love the new rooms with the Queen beds. Double sinks and the curtain are important to us. I have also stayed at POR, but I love how small POFQ is, so that everything is very close and there is not a lot of walking to do around the resort, especially after spending the day walking around the parks when your feet are killing you.

Upvote 0

Kristan35

I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience! We are staying there Feb. 10-17th. So excited!

I also second the GF for a honeymoon! That's were DH and I honeymooned last December. It was very romantic!

Upvote 0

Todd L

I really Love Pofq . I like that it feels a little off the beaten path and I think because there isnt a Signature resturant on-site it keeps the resort Hoppers from coming over and filling the place up. With The boat available to go downtown you have a ton of good food available anyway.

Upvote 0

cslafferty

Love this thread! We will be staying there for the first time Dec. 2-5. To all of you that have stayed there - is there a preferred building?? Just wondering if I should make a special request. It will just be DH and I for a quick "second honeymoon":animwink: so something quiet and romantic is what we're looking for!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom