Port Orleans - French Quarter

draybook

Just booked our trip for this September. This will be our first trip staying in a non-value resort. I figured that for just another $150 it was worth it to upgrade from Pop and get the Free Dining plan. What do those of you who have stayed there think about it? We'll be there from September 15th until the 22nd.

kittybubbles

When we stay on site, we tend to stay at Pop,but we have stayed at POFQ a few times. we really love it there, but lately it seems priced a little too high for us. you really can't go wrong there as no building is far from the main building. There is only one bus stop, the bus to MK tends to be dedicated while the others may stop at the River side stops.

some of the corner rooms have two sets of windows which I think makes the room feel a little bigger and it certainly brightens things up a bit.

Thelace is always quiet (at least when we have been there). if you want to do something different, try and book a carriage ride at river side, you can also rent bikes from over there.

Anyway, I find the grounds very enjoyable to strol around at night, the many fountains and the river.

We just got back from riverside which was great, but we did stroll over to FQ more than a few times (the food court takes TIW) but since you are on the dining plan, I imagine that doesn't mean anything, but for us it meant a decent price for breakfast.

Upvote 0
" I know Yee Haw Bob has a big fan following" hmmmmmmm......He may not be your cup of tea, as there are people who probably dont care for the FQ resorts or WDW as a whole. He is a throwback entertainer that helped make WDW what it is today. A small detail that makes the resort so special. To imply that he only entertains the kids is just wrong. Plus isnt that what WDW is about....letting the kid inside all of us come out?

Just love Bob!! we used to always watch him when we stayed at Dixie Landings! Now are stay at OKW as we are Vacation Club members. But we stll go to Riverside to see him!!However he is not on every night--so check the days.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Well, I'm not too worried about bus stops since we'll have a rental car, but thank you all for the advice! I'd definitely love to have a water view if they'll give it to us.

Upvote 0

Lucky

We lucked out and got assigned an upper floor river view room in bldg 5 last time we stayed at POFQ, without having paid for river view. It was a great location. It was near the pool but not facing it so no noise.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

All WDW Resorts Are Great!

I feel you can't go wrong w/ anything @ Disney! I have never had any problems anywhere I have stayed: ASM Family Suites, POP, POR, CBR, and WL. WL was the best by far! I am spoiled now! I only want to stay at the Deluxe Resorts:animwink:

Upvote 0

kittybubbles

Well, I'm not too worried about bus stops since we'll have a rental car, but thank you all for the advice! I'd definitely love to have a water view if they'll give it to us.

We always drive so we have a car as well when up there. Most of the time, we use Disney transportation at least to and from the MK since you do not have to go through the TTC as you are dropped of by the main gate....just something to consider.

Upvote 0

shipley731

Just love Bob!! we used to always watch him when we stayed at Dixie Landings! Now are stay at OKW as we are Vacation Club members. But we stll go to Riverside to see him!!However he is not on every night--so check the days.

Bob plays generally Wednesday through Sunday nights. While he's not my thing, lots of people love him. He's a really nice guy & if you've ever talked to him, he generally remembers you. After being in the parks all day, I'm looking for somewhere a little more quiet to relax. However, if you have school age kids, they will probably love him.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I stayed at POFQ the last time I went to wdw and I will not stay anywhere else.. I absolutely loved everything about the resort. The year prior, we stayed at Riverside and I really loved it there until I stayed at FQ. I will be arriving the day after you leave.. I cannot wait to go back to this resort. It is quiet.. very small, the boat to DTD is so nice.. every building is close to the main building, pool and boat dock. The rooms were renovated. You will love it!

Upvote 0

lbrad

Tried to book POFQ Sept. 27 - Oct. 1 ... NO LUCK!! No room in the Inn :cry:

I love POFQ. DH & I stayed there for our 20th wedding anniversary. It was fabulous. Love the boat to DTD!!! Love that the resort is small & quaint with only 1 bus stop.

I'll be at a Value Resort ... but I will be in Disney!!

Have a magical trip :wave:

Upvote 0

steveford

Hi stayed at PO last October and have stayed mainly in the value resorts as others have stated it does get a little crowded in the value resorts and always busy especially when the cheerleaders are in town. The best value resort I have found is POP, the location is unbeatable.

Unfortunately we went to PO so I think we have spoilt ourselves, going again in November. As soon as you enter the property the manor houses are simply brilliant, the grounds are well kept. You don't get the Disney in your face but then its great to get away from that and its so quiet at night but then after a hard day at the parks I'm unconscious anyway!

We got a fantastic deal where the difference between POP and PO last year was £30.00 approx $50.00 so it was a no brainer especially with free dining.

Go for PO you won't regret it

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom