Port Orleans French Quarter vs. Riverside

jkl2000

Original Poster
Ok, I WAS booked for POR, and have just changed it to POFQ. I think I'll probably stick with this now.
I think what tipped it over is that I looked at both reports on Google maps - you get a much better idea of the size of both by doing that. And now I have an idea of just how big POR is. So if I want to let my 14yo son explore the resort a bit on his own, he'll probably feel a lot more comfortable in POFQ. In fact, he can go to the pool by himself when lifeguards are on duty much more easily, I think.

LuLaSue

Ok, I WAS booked for POR, and have just changed it to POFQ. I think I'll probably stick with this now.
I think what tipped it over is that I looked at both reports on Google maps - you get a much better idea of the size of both by doing that. And now I have an idea of just how big POR is. So if I want to let my 14yo son explore the resort a bit on his own, he'll probably feel a lot more comfortable in POFQ. In fact, he can go to the pool by himself when lifeguards are on duty much more easily, I think.

You can explore here a bit...
http://portorleans.org/

Fletch

When we were there in march the bus didn't always stop at FQ first. Many nights we hit all of the riverside stops first before we were dropped off.

Same thing for us last Sept. Depends on the time/crowds.

It was our last day and we made a quick stop over to DTD for a early lunch and last chance souvenirs before we jumped on the ME to the airport. Well we ended up running a tad late leaving DTD. Thats OK we thought until the bus preceded to run to POR first. ( going to DTD there were no POR stops.) Panic set in so DW asked the bus driver to head to POFQ first. He obliged.

Disneyfan1981

So if I understand these posts correctly it seems like POR is more kid oriented with the food courts and themed pool and in return has a few hiccups with the busses because of the numerous stops due to size and POFQ is more adult oriented with it being smaller, overall quieter and more intimate. Is that about right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom