Port Orleans Bedspread FIASCO!

VegasVic14

Just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to others. Why did you pick POR over other resorts? I would bet because you preferred it. Allow others the same courtesy.
Oh, for sure we all have our preferences, but bed covering as a priority or even a factor? :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Mouse_Trap

Yeah. The comforters as well as the throw pillows are supposed to be so contaminated with germs and.....well.....other stuff....that it makes sense to just get rid of them. There is some book about all of this. I think it is called Hotel Confidential but not sure. They also say not to drink out of the hotel glasses before rinsing them. They say the hotel maids often just rinse them in the sink and spray them with Pledge so they shine. Yuck.

The worst I have seen was on a couple of the Hotel Rescue type tv programmes. The maid 'cleaning' the toilet seat and lid with the toilet brush! Gross !!!:eek:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And this is why I re-clean limited areas of the room. Faucet handles, remote, door handles, toilet seats & handle, you get the idea.

Glasses are taboo. I pack Dixie paper cups and Lysol wipes. The life of a germaphobic.

I have worked in the hotel industry my entire life. Truthfully, I just don't think about whether everything has been cleaned up to the standards I would expect, or it would drive me insane. That is, when I am a hotel guest. But I would still say the horror stories make it seem like more of a problem than it is.

Weather_Lady

FWIW, they've now added (or are in the process of adding) decorative scarves for the foot of the beds (in all sections of PORS), apparently made from the old bedspreads in those respective areas (or at least utilizing the same fabric). In my opinion, it's the best of both worlds: clean-looking, but also themed.
disney-s-port-orleans.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/3f/36/b6/disney-s-port-orleans.jpg

Last edited:

jlsHouston

And this is why I re-clean limited areas of the room. Faucet handles, remote, door handles, toilet seats & handle, you get the idea.

Glasses are taboo. I pack Dixie paper cups and Lysol wipes. The life of a germaphobic.

I am not that bad but I admit I have a container of lysol wipes I tackle the entire bathroom with upon arrival:p

Neph-Neph

FWIW, they've now added (or are in the process of adding) decorative scarves for the foot of the beds (in all sections of PORS), apparently made from the old bedspreads in those respective areas (or at least utilizing the same fabric). In my opinion, it's the best of both worlds: clean-looking, but also themed.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/05/3f/36/b6/disney-s-port-orleans.jpg

Looks nice! The scarf definitely makes the look more complete, in my opinion.

rnese

I'll be staying at POFC in June. Anyone with pics of the scarves there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom