Port Orleans Bedspread FIASCO!

In some resorts this won't make much of a difference to the theming, but for others (Pop comes to mind) it will throw the theming off completely. Not that Pop has good theming in the first place, but you get my point.

luv

I always liked the themed bedspreads a lot and am sorry that they're disappearing. It works well at the Contemporary and in most regular hotels, but part of the charm of the Disney rooms was the theming and the bedspreads played a big part in that.

A disappointing cutback. :(

dave&di

I thought the POFQ ones were pretty nice:

QueenBeds.jpg
These were the comforters we had last month at FQ, personally I don't like them, there not fresh and clean, the one on my bed had a horrible stain on it all week (no I didn't complain!) I always took it off the bed. I'd prefer the sheets.

jaklgreen

Good, I am glad they are going to plain white. The old ones grossed me out because you could not tell if they wee dirty or not. I always bring my own sheets but still needed the comforter for warmth. I am happy with light colored blankets and sheets.

CTXRover

I can confirm no more bedspreads at port Orleans royal rooms. Hopefully a runner at the foot of the beds are still to come. I don't like bedspreads as they aren't washed between guests, but a runner with the old bed spread design would be nice.
IMG

CTXRover

Plus, the more major change is in the pictures in the room. Gone are the pics of ythe princesses at the resort and giving Tiana gifts and in their place are pictures of the princesses next to their castles in the 'new' princess art form used by merchandising.

CTXRover

Pics taken on my phone, so sorry for the quality. New pics on wall. Picture of Tiana is still 3D, but I much preferred the old one with the manor in the background and all the princesses sitting together with Belle giving Tiana a replica of Cogs worth
23w89zd.jpg
ebctpj.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I can confirm no more bedspreads at port Orleans royal rooms. Hopefully a runner at the foot of the beds are still to come. I don't like bedspreads as they aren't washed between guests, but a runner with the old bed spread design would be nice.
IMG

But it would not be cheap and nasty like the new linens are. Heck a Hampton Inn where the DO wash all the bedding every day now has better theming.

MouseDreaming

Pics taken on my phone, so sorry for the quality. New pics on wall. Picture of Tiana is still 3D, but I much preferred the old one with the manor in the background and all the princesses sitting together with Belle giving Tiana a replica of Cogs worth
23w89zd.jpg
ebctpj.jpg
We were there when they were changing the pictures in mid June. I do hope they put something of the old bed spread style in the scarf. I'm not sure why they are in such a hurry to switch out the old bedspreads before they have the scarf for the end of the bed.

BuddyThomas

We were there when they were changing the pictures in mid June. I do hope they put something of the old bed spread style in the scarf. I'm not sure why they are in such a hurry to switch out the old bedspreads before they have the scarf for the end of the bed.
Yeah. The comforters as well as the throw pillows are supposed to be so contaminated with germs and.....well.....other stuff....that it makes sense to just get rid of them. There is some book about all of this. I think it is called Hotel Confidential but not sure. They also say not to drink out of the hotel glasses before rinsing them. They say the hotel maids often just rinse them in the sink and spray them with Pledge so they shine. Yuck.

Allygator

Yeah. The comforters as well as the throw pillows are supposed to be so contaminated with germs and.....well.....other stuff....that it makes sense to just get rid of them. There is some book about all of this. I think it is called Hotel Confidential but not sure. They also say not to drink out of the hotel glasses before rinsing them. They say the hotel maids often just rinse them in the sink and spray them with Pledge so they shine. Yuck.
I saw that today too on The View! I was grossed out about not leaving your toothbrush out.

JohnD

I thought the POFQ ones were pretty nice:

QueenBeds.jpg
Is this a recent change? I had the POFQ bed spreads in my room several weeks ago. Or are "comforters" something else?

I can say I removed the white blanket under the bedspread. I was too hot!

awoogala

That and the remotes and phones. As soon as we check in, we put the remote in a ziplock- still works fine! . The one time I forgot it, we all had a massive flu by mid-week. Then I wipe the phone and lightswitches down with Lysol wipes, comforters go in the closet, and our toothbrushes stay in ziplocks between brushings. I also bring disposable cups. I am not a germaphobe or even all that neat at home:rolleyes:, but in a hotel, I am overly cautious. They need to clean those rooms quickly, and it's not always as good as it looks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom