POR rehab?

CP17

At the end of January, there was the announcement that POFQ was re-opening in March. At the same time there was talk that POR would be closing in the near future for renovation. Is this true, and is there any new information? I plan on staying there the first of May :sohappy: , and would like to get a heads up. I may want to look into changing resorts now instead of later.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by CP17
At the end of January, there was the announcement that POFQ was re-opening in March. At the same time there was talk that POR would be closing in the near future for renovation. Is this true, and is there any new information? I plan on staying there the first of May :sohappy: , and would like to get a heads up. I may want to look into changing resorts now instead of later.

i HOPE NOT!!! Well, at least I hope not next January! That's our FAVORITE resort, and I can't imagine being forced to stay anywhere else!

Upvote 0

Pippa

Its definately in need of a facelift, when I stayed there last November there was peeling wallpaper and dodgy carpet. Nothing drastic just wear and tear I suppose. Can't wait to see the new improved French quarter though.

Upvote 0

atownsend

phase 2 of the P.O. renovation is going to start march 1st. I don't know at this time exactly how many rooms will be down for the rehab. I think some of the mansions were already done.

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

Are we talking about Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside? I heard that French Quarter just reopened so I would assume that it would be Riverside going for rehab on March 1st. :confused:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by atownsend
phase 2 of the P.O. renovation is going to start march 1st. I don't know at this time exactly how many rooms will be down for the rehab. I think some of the mansions were already done.

Yes. Last June, when we were there, 2 or 3 of the Mansions were still closed for renovation. I presume that since POR is such a popular resort, they would NEVER close it in entirity.

Upvote 0

DisneyDugger

We were there just last week and PORS is in excellent shape. Our room in Building 38 was spotless and in perfect shape. I even looked for signs of wear because other said they expereinced poor conditions. But not in our room!

The PORS area was very clean and nice looking. I tried to drive into FQ but they made me turn around at the gate. There was landscaping dozers and other construction equipment still working in there so it looks like it is still a few weeks away from being ready for guests. So end of March seems reasonable for bookings. And no - their dragon pool was not available for us to use.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

hi there all FQ is definitely reopening on March 21st and I Know somone who is going to be staying there in early April. I Am not sure about Riverside though. I would imagine that they are going to bring down different sections ( ie: maybe one mansion section and a few bayou buildings) but if they plan on doing rehab on the main building, the whole resort would have to go down. Maybe not for a really long time, but this is going to make getting a Moderate room tougher than it has been!! Any news or info would be appreciated!! Belle

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

PO:FQ has reopened? Excellent! We've managed to secure an 8 day Orlando vacation whilst stateside in the summer. POFQ would be ideal for us!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom