POR: Mansion section?

TikiBeckie

Hi! Which mansion is best for being close to the main building AND a bus stop? I think it looks like Magnolia Terrace? Is that also known as Magnolia Bend?

VickiMints

From what I remember, the entire mansion section itself is called Magnolia Bend. I think that Magnolia Terrace (or Oak Manor) would be the closest buildings to the main building, and the bus stop is only a short walk from that. I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

sbkline

We stayed in the Magnolia Terrace building in April when we went and it was probably one of the closest to the main building, I would guess. As far as bus stops, it's hard telling which ones are closest to the bus stops, since there are a total of 5 bus stops at POR (at least I think it's 5). There was one almost right outside our door, but I'm sure the other 4 bus stops are equally close to their buildings as well. But we stayed in a room that was on the parking lot side of the building, so we just walked out our door, down the steps, across the parking lot, and there was the bus stop.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I've stayed in Magnolia Terrace and would stay there again. (I've also stayed in Buildings 14 and 27 in Aligator Bayou and both were great)

The walk across Ol' Man Island to the main food court was a nice stroll in the morning. And the bus stop was a quick walk across the parking lot.

You can check out the map on AllEars:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_dxl.htm

Our room was on the second floor, facing the quiet pool, approximately where the bottom of the restroom icon is on the map.

Acadian House is convenient to the North Depot and would appear to be a similar walk to the main building as it is for Magnolia Terrace.

-Rob

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Magnolia Bend is the name of the overall mansions section.
The four buildings are Arcadia House, Magnolia Terrace, Oak Manor, and Parterre Place.

Actually Parterre Place is the closest to the front part of the lobby and the main bus stop.
Magonolia Terrace is the most centrally located if you want to be able to walk to the food court, which is toward the back of the lobby building, or take the other bridge and go to the front and the main bus stop.

Arcadia House is the fartherest away from the lobby.
Oak Manor used to be the smoking building so I have never stayed there.
Location wise it is similar to Magnolia Terrace.

All the rooms inside look pretty much the same. If you get a corner room it has two windows instead of one.

We love the mansions area. Beautiful landscaping.

Have fun.
:)

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

We traditionally stay in the Magnolia Bend Section. Right behind our building there was a bus stop, we used it just once (it made a few stops before leaving the resort). We would get up in the morning eat breakfast in the POR food court and then use the main bus stop located by the general store.

I believe the only difference in the rooms is how they are decorated. The rooms in Alligator Bayou are a bit more rustic.

Hope this was helpful...ENJOY!

Upvote 0

jalpcm

Last year we stayed in Parterre Place. Not too far of a walk to the main bus stop, lobby, store, or food court. We loved our stay there. The grounds and room were beautiful. We would definitley stay there again. Have a great time on your trip.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

I did but I cant tell which room pics are from Magnolia Terrace :(

All the rooms of the same type in the mansions look the same no matter what building.

Two beds (or King bed), table, two chairs, night stand, two sinks, bath room, area to hang clothes, TV, dresser, refrigerator, etc.

The room may face left or right depending on which side of the entrance the door is on.

Have fun.
:)

Upvote 0
We liked Magnolia Terrace and Acadian, you use a path that goes past the main pool. It was very scenic and a short travel to the main building and the main bus stops. Parterre is closest to the main parking lot, good or bad depending on your perspective. All in all, our favorite of the moderate resorts. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom