POR 4/6 -4/12 sold out already?

disneyflush

Hi everyone,

I'm panicking! I just tried to book 1 room in POR for 4/6 - 4/12 next year and its already sold out. I called the Disney reservation line and their systems are currently being 'enhanced' so they don't have access to the booking system currently. My questions are:

1.) Its an awfully big resort and I was under the impression that this was a slow week (as 'slow' weeks go in Disney World), does it seem odd to anyone else that its already full?

2) I know I should have called and reserved at 180 out and I missed the boat on it so I can only blame myself but does anyone else know how the cancellation policy works? Meaning, can I put in an order for a room should their be a cancellation or is it first come, first served?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
Chris

Sam02

Just so you know you can book rooms 499 days out. The 180 days is for ADR's. I don't know if that is a slow week or not, but it is close to March which tends to be Spring Break time, maybe there is overflow?

Another option to try is AAA. I think you have to have a membership but my sister said they savings they can get you vs. booking through Disney more than makes up for the membership.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

POFQ is still showing rooms available. You can always book there and then keep calling for an opening at POR. Remember, room only reservations can cancel within 6 days out without penalty and packages can cancel up to 45 days out. IMO, book a room ASAP and then keep checking for availability at POR and transfer your reservation when it becomes available.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

It could be due to the systems being worked on. Try calling again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the online system and the system they use are different so they might find something for you over the phone.

Have you looked into POFQ? That still had rooms available online.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

I seem to remember someone saying book early for your 2008 reservations...

who could have said that...

hmmmmmmm.............

:lookaroun

Upvote 0

disneyflush

Original Poster
I had that impression because I read Disney started the Wonderful Weeks of Disney during that time to help book the rooms because it was slow. I read the threads about Spring Break and a lot of families had it in late March and other families had it in late April. I know its traditionally a very busy time but from what I read I thought that week would have a bit of flexibility. I see I was mistaken.

Thanks for your input. I learn new things everyday around here.

Upvote 0

hcphish

We went to POR this past January and although the parks were not that crowded POR was fairly packed for about half of the week due to some business convention.

Maybe that is your problem. Like eveyone else said. Wait until tomorrow and try the phone system again. If all else fails set up a res at POFQ, depending on what building you get it could be as little as few minute walk to POR if you really need to go there.

Upvote 0

smk

Too early for panic! Make a reservation for POFQ and relax! Someone WILL cancel and if you are persistant it will happen at the exact time you are calling or checking the system. OR call KK and have them book for you and they will keep checking to get you the room you want and the place you want. Either way, you are planning a trip to your happy place....no worries! :D :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyflush

Original Poster
Thanks for the info and support hcphish and smk. The panic has died down a bit, I'm definitely going to try again tomorrow and see what I can work out. My daughters birthdays are April 7th and April 11th so its going to be a very special week for us!

SMK, we are in Evansville so happy to see a fellow Hoosier on the boards!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Dont worry, I have had a few occasions that I have tried Online Reservation Center checking on pricing and it said that there were no rooms. I then picked up the phone and there were plenty. Call again later. Remember that POR is one of the Cruise resorts, I think that helps keep POR filled. Also places like expedia and hotels.com book blocks of rooms for resale which ties things up and they dont release them till its gets close to the travel time.

Upvote 0

smk

Thanks for the info and support hcphish and smk. The panic has died down a bit, I'm definitely going to try again tomorrow and see what I can work out. My daughters birthdays are April 7th and April 11th so its going to be a very special week for us!

SMK, we are in Evansville so happy to see a fellow Hoosier on the boards!
I have been to Evansville more times than I can count! My youngest was a recruit looking over U of E. A great school. I am so glad she stayed closer to home to play softball, I got to see her play more often! Yay Hoosiers! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyflush

Original Poster
Cool! Thanks for the info Merf!

U of E is a great school. I played football there. However, its very small so I'm sure your daughter made a very wise choice!:p

Upvote 0

DISMOM

Hey, I work in Evansville, does that count? Mary at the AAA office is a travel expert and has booked 2 Disney vacations for us. Remember, it will be ok!!! I am planning on making reservations at POR or somewhere in January or February. I'm not impressed with the online reservation system. I like the phone reservation system just slightly better. Good Luck and let us know how it all works out.

Upvote 0

disneyflush

Original Poster
It does count DISMOM! Such a small world on here. I will be calling the number again right after 5 p.m. and I will definitely give you an update!:p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom