popular attractions you never cared for

Scooter

I have three types of attraction/ride prioritys.

1)The "Must Do Every Trip" attractions/rides like: Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Pirates of the Carribean, Mickeys Philharmagic, Tough To Be a Bug, Kilimanjaro safaris, Soarin ......etc

2) The "Every Other Trip" attractions/rides like: Small World, Enchanted Tiki Birds, Swiss Family Treehouse, Carrosel of Progress, Jungle Cruise.....etc

3) The "I Wouldn't Care if It Closed Tomorrow" attractions/rides like: Tomorrowland Speedway, Country Bear Jamboree, Who Wants To be a Millionaire-Play It, Astro Orbitor, Magic Carpets....etc.

There are obviously more on each list but just named a few so you would get the idea.:animwink:

Remus

Mission: Space

I went on it right after it opened, didn't care for it, but went on it a couple of months later to give it a second chance...still didn't like it.

also Lights, Motors...Action

What a disappointment. I'll probably never see it again, unless I'm with someone else who wants to see it.

Epcot82Guy

I have to put both SWSA and PPF on here. Neither one does much for me and never have.

Fantasmic is up there too. The show was a huge letdown for me.

I also never got the entirety of WoL. None of it appealed that much to me, including Cranium Command.

CThaddeus

I'll go on everything (except the Dumbo-style rides) I can when I'm there, but my least favorite attractions are:
1. Rock n' Rollercoaster (unless I get lucky and the audio goes out)
2. Tarzan Rocks! (thankfully closed now, I believe)
3. Under New Management (bring back the original. The new one is a loud mess)
4. Test Track (for the same reasons others have mentioned)
5. The original Universe of Energy (thank you for saving that pavilion, Ellen!)
6. The Magic Kingdom's Mr. Toad (what a day-glo mess that was!), but I love Disneyland's.
7. That whole Chester n' Hester's Dino-Rama! nightmare (can you say cheap?)
8. Tower of Terror (they really should make the story longer. That's part I enjoyed. The drop is just the cheesy hook for speed junkies)
9. WDW's Fantasmic! (Disneyland's is thousands of times better)
10. WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean (again, Disneyland's is so much better. Why did they decide to get cheap on a masterpiece?)
11. The current and the 2000 versions of Journey Into Imagination. Why did they mess with an already great attraction?

I'm stunned when people say they dislike It's a Small World, Country Bears (I hate country music, but that doesn't stop me from liking the show, strangely enough), Wonders of Life, or Future World as a whole. Those are some of the most Disney-like attractions/areas, to my way of thinking. In fact, the first time I visited Disney World, EPCOT's Future World was my favorite, and I've wished they would clone it here in California ever since (not so much in its current form, but the early '90s version was amazing).

MissM

dreamteacher said:
Sorry yall are going to hate me but I hate Rollercoasters so Rockin Roller Coaster, Space Mountain, and Tower of Terror.
I'm with you. I also will not ride Splash Mountain because I will not ride something with a drop like that.

Country Bear Jamboree creeps me the heck out. I found it beyond disturbing and would never do it again.

Peter Pan is cute and all but it's beyond me why even on an empty day the line is 80 minutes continuously. It's just not worth that kind of time investment.

I applaud M:S for it's originality but it made me queasy when I rode it so I've not been on it again since. (Last time I rode it was pre-opening.)

There's a lot of things that I don't hate but there's also a lot I'll skip if the lines are too long or I just don't get around to it that particular day.
-m

I'd have to say CBJ - I loved it when I was little. I admit that it is indeed a classic - it's just not one I particularly enjoy. I most likely won't experience this again until I have little spawnlings of my own who want to see it (Which will be many many years away).

El Rio del Tiempo isn't exactly a must see, it seems like a portion from IASW that they decided to tack onto the Mexico pavilion. The volacano is neat looking, but I just don't ride this very often.

I haven't been to excited about innoventions the past few years - many of the exhibits were boring or just downright confusing. There was something about dropping a safe... It's just not as innovative as I remember from when I was little.

:wave:

(Wow, is my 100th post it - only took me three years to get it - yay :p )

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
CThaddeus said:
10. WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean (again, Disneyland's is so much better. Why did they decide to get cheap on a masterpiece?)
Yeah, I gotta agree with you on that. I'll gladly go on it again and again, but I was dissapointed mainly by the end. There's no waterfall you go up, and you can see the area you get off your boats and the guy at that control panel thingy as you reach the end. :dazzle: TOTALLY killed the experience for me.

Mecha Figment

i always found carrosel of progress boring

the race cars are lame.

thundermountain has lost its charms

and i don't like the tower of terror since they changed the cool sparking and one drop effect.

DisneyFreak529

I never cared for "Star Tours", it just wasn't as great as every one says it is!

I Love Pirates of the Caribbean, but I do agree that WDW is nothing compair to the Disneyland one.

I_Fikus

Personally I have never been a fan of the parades or shows. Give me almost any ride in any park. Aside from the replacement rides. Don't think I will ever get over replacing Horizons or World Of Motion or the original Journey Into Imagination.
The rides I loved as a small child still enchant me Peter Pan and Pirates Of The Caribbean most notably. They still make me feel like a kid.

Crazy Harry

For me it's rock n rollercoaster. I like the queue and the preshow, other than that for me it is just a coaster. Don't get me wrong I like it ok, but it's nothing special.

As far as the POTC wdw/dl debate, I haven't riden it since 1997, but i liked the wdw version better. Sometimes it's better to get to the point instead of dragging it on, but that's me.

PeeplMoovr

MKCP 1985 said:
I've never cared for threads that seek to elicit negative commentary of WDW attractions. :wave:

Bravo!

I actually don't like any of the rides, I just go to ride the trams around the parking lots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom