Pop's looking good! Coronado eh...

DfromATX

My last stay at Coronado was just over a year ago. Other than needing to be freshened up a bit, the resort was good. I didn't notice any dirty floors or anything of the like. But then, I figure if the walkways and hallways are outside, they are bound to get some leaves and dirt on them. Can't keep it from happening..

I think by the time we go in June, most of the rooms will have been renovated - at least I hope so!

Buzz2001

We just return from a stay at CSR. We had two rooms in cabana 8a (new rooms) and they were tremendous. The new rooms have all the right touches. Will the wood floors get dirty, yes but so did the carpets. I love the wood floor. We did not notice any io increase in noise.

The bus service was great as always. We only had one issue leaving Epcot at 2pm and waited 30 mins while the drivers switched shifs and the new driver performed his pretrip of the bus.

The resort is in the process of rehabbing all the rooms (another 18-24 months, 8 buildings to go), painting all the buildings with a new color scheme, and building a 15 story tower. But even with all of this, we still had a great trip.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Our experience was over two years ago at Coronado with the bus. We just over all did not like Coronado, so it could have very well influenced our feelings on the transportation.

I was very Meh on our stay at Coronado. It was fine. I didn't like Rix or their QS, the bar was worn and uninviting. The main pool pool was beyond awesome. Their quiet pools were very nice. Their outdoor CMs were awesome, housekeeping questionable. Their Table Service also underwhelming. I understand the Desert theme but I can't bond with a dessert. Sometimes I can't blame the staff more the overall design of the resort, the theme it is difficult to bond with.

bhg469

I was very Meh on our stay at Coronado. It was fine. I didn't like Rix or their QS, the bar was worn and uninviting. The main pool pool was beyond awesome. Their quiet pools were very nice. Their outdoor CMs were awesome, housekeeping questionable. Their Table Service also underwhelming. I understand the Desert theme but I can't bond with a dessert. Sometimes I can't blame the staff more the overall design of the resort, the theme it is difficult to bond with.
I can't bond with a dessert since I got the Diabeetus! There used to be more water features as you walked around the resort and I find it very immersive. Its just a lot nicer to me than say, a 50 foot tall laptop. I like to come back to that resort and feel like im not in a park, but also feel like it removes you from florida altogether.

LeighM

I just came back from a week's stay at Coronado and we had no issues. We were in the renovated building 7a and loved everything about it. I don't expect them to be able to keep the outdoor walkways immaculate even after a refurbishment as they are exposed to the elements and get a lot of traffic. I didn't see anything wrong with the elevators we used and they looked clean to me. The beds were wonderful and a lot better than the older ones we had at Riverside. I thought the busses were better at CSR than POR except for our dreaded morning Epcot bus (which seems to be a problem for us every time). We would definitely stay at Coronado again (esp with the central location and short bus ride to 3 parks) if we couldn't get a good rate at our favorite moderate, Riverside.

DfromATX

I just came back from a week's stay at Coronado and we had no issues. We were in the renovated building 7a and loved everything about it. I don't expect them to be able to keep the outdoor walkways immaculate even after a refurbishment as they are exposed to the elements and get a lot of traffic. I didn't see anything wrong with the elevators we used and they looked clean to me. The beds were wonderful and a lot better than the older ones we had at Riverside. I thought the busses were better at CSR than POR except for our dreaded morning Epcot bus (which seems to be a problem for us every time). We would definitely stay at Coronado again (esp with the central location and short bus ride to 3 parks) if we couldn't get a good rate at our favorite moderate, Riverside.

Glad to hear it. We'll be there in June!

LeighM

Glad to hear it. We'll be there in June!

We were there March 10-17 and only 2 days were loud but never from our room in 7a. That Wednesday, the Dig Site was loud from noises from both the tower construction and that on the lake but it wasn't something that ruined our nap by the hot tub :) Also, they were using paint sanders next to Pepper Market that was loud as well as one of the non renovated rooms in the Ranchos section next to the quiet pool. So just go into your trip knowing that there may well be some slight disturbances so you won't be taken by surprise. However, none of what we heard ruined any of our trips. I called the reservation number to have them notate 7a on my reservation. Because the online check in wouldn't change us from the cabanas area, I also faxed in a request to clarify 7a. Worked perfectly well for us.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can't bond with a dessert since I got the Diabeetus! There used to be more water features as you walked around the resort and I find it very immersive. Its just a lot nicer to me than say, a 50 foot tall laptop. I like to come back to that resort and feel like im not in a park, but also feel like it removes you from florida altogether.

It is hard to compare a value to a moderate. I've stayed at all the moderates in the order they opened.

I enjoyed the Caribbean theme, my preschooler way back then enjoyed the Pirate theme pool, the resort was just difficult to get to the main building and back then. The food offerings had been very limited. We moved onto Port Orleans and loved its theme and how small the resort was and ease to in a few minutes to ferry, bus or dining. Their sit down restaurant was awesome and was sorry it never came back after the 9/11 closure of PO. The following year we grand opened Dixie Landings and were sold on it. Right now I wrestle to pick which I love more FQ or POR.

Coronado is beautiful at night, I just enjoy the theming of the two PO resorts far more. I also am surprised Disney went back to the overall layout of their Caribbean resort. We were in the Ranch section way the heck back there. Like I said it was perfectly fine I just didn't bond with the resorts theme. Still their feature pool is likely my favorite on property except for the Beach Club which is a different type of feature pool. I will return just to see how the heck they blend that massive tower hotel addition to the resort. Very curious.

Mickey shaped world

In the new refurbished pop century rooms, does every single room have a pull down bed or are there any rooms with two normal beds?
Also are the pull down beds as comfy as the normal beds?

DfromATX

We were there March 10-17 and only 2 days were loud but never from our room in 7a. That Wednesday, the Dig Site was loud from noises from both the tower construction and that on the lake but it wasn't something that ruined our nap by the hot tub :) Also, they were using paint sanders next to Pepper Market that was loud as well as one of the non renovated rooms in the Ranchos section next to the quiet pool. So just go into your trip knowing that there may well be some slight disturbances so you won't be taken by surprise. However, none of what we heard ruined any of our trips. I called the reservation number to have them notate 7a on my reservation. Because the online check in wouldn't change us from the cabanas area, I also faxed in a request to clarify 7a. Worked perfectly well for us.

I did get an email from them letting me know there would be construction going on at the Pepper Market, but that it was still in use. We are planning to eat there first thing when we arrive. We are excited to have a nice, new pretty room! We requested two preferred rooms. Are those in good locations?

LeighM

I did get an email from them letting me know there would be construction going on at the Pepper Market, but that it was still in use. We are planning to eat there first thing when we arrive. We are excited to have a nice, new pretty room! We requested two preferred rooms. Are those in good locations?

Did you request the preferred rooms or did you book that category? If you booked a preferred room then you will be in a renovated room in Casitas section near the lobby and first park bus stop. Being given an upgrade to a preferred room doesn't always happen though. If you would rather have a renovated room then I would request that instead.

DfromATX

Did you request the preferred rooms or did you book that category? If you booked a preferred room then you will be in a renovated room in Casitas section near the lobby and first park bus stop. Being given an upgrade to a preferred room doesn't always happen though. If you would rather have a renovated room then I would request that instead.

I booked it. I originally booked another type, but thanks to this post, I learned the preferred rooms were closer to everything and renovated so I called and changed it. So thanks to all!

LeighM

I booked it. I originally booked another type, but thanks to this post, I learned the preferred rooms were closer to everything and renovated so I called and changed it. So thanks to all!

The Casitas section is a little bit further from the Dig Site main pool than the buildings in Ranchos and Cabanas. But the Casitas section at night is so pretty!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom