Popcorn refills

daviddnv

Original Poster
Hi all,

I’m finishing up my first year of an annual pass. I think I’ll renew. I think I’ll get more out of it now that I have found this site, lots of good info here.

Now on to my question.

I have a popcorn bucket (2 actually). I just got one from epcot about a month ago, but my other one was bought last new year’s eve (I think). Long story short, I bought my older bucket to the vender to the right of the train depo at the front of the MK and the lady told be my bucket was expired. She said it was good for “my stay”, I’m there all the time, so “my stay” is always. She didn’t like that. She filled it as some kind of “favor”.

My issue is that nowhere on any signage or the bucket does it say it expires. I don’t mind it expiring, but I want it to be clear, not some made up rule that some people adhere to and others don’t. I looked on the WDW site and can’t find any rules about it. So I’m thinking it’s some kind of “unwritten rule”, which technically is not a rule.

What say you? The experts…

Thanks in advance.

daviddnv

Original Poster
Oh, I didn't see it on the board, I'll have to re-read it. The one from epcot is not the holiday one, although it was after thanksgiving, so it was the Christmas setup. I wanted a holiday one at the time, so I was bummed they didn't have them. Anyway, good to hear that it's written somewhere. Thanks

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Oh, I didn't see it on the board, I'll have to re-read it. The one from epcot is not the holiday one, although it was after thanksgiving, so it was the Christmas setup. I wanted a holiday one at the time, so I was bummed they didn't have them. Anyway, good to hear that it's written somewhere. Thanks
Welcome -- there's a lot of good information here.

castlecake2.0

You’re welcome! Have fun in the parks!

Cmdr_Crimson

As a former certified Disney popcorn vendor ;), the refillable buckets are good for “length of stay” which is usually until the bucket changes design. The buckets usually change with the season, so if you brought one from last year then it’s time is up. It does say on the menu boards valid for length of stay. Hopefully that helps!
I looked at google to see menus and spotted 3 different ones for example..
One for length of stay
2017-unlimited-disney-world-popcorn-bucket-refill.png

One for day of purchase..
13522409_10154314273293256_331958650_n.jpg

And one with nothing??
June-2016-Refillable-Popcorn-Bucket-Disney-World-3.jpg

Hopefully they had changed all of them to length of stay so as they don't get too confused for guests. Because if I saw this through the park I myself would be really trying to figure this out.

Sonconato

Hi all,

I’m finishing up my first year of an annual pass. I think I’ll renew. I think I’ll get more out of it now that I have found this site, lots of good info here.

Now on to my question.

I have a popcorn bucket (2 actually). I just got one from epcot about a month ago, but my other one was bought last new year’s eve (I think). Long story short, I bought my older bucket to the vender to the right of the train depo at the front of the MK and the lady told be my bucket was expired. She said it was good for “my stay”, I’m there all the time, so “my stay” is always. She didn’t like that. She filled it as some kind of “favor”.

My issue is that nowhere on any signage or the bucket does it say it expires. I don’t mind it expiring, but I want it to be clear, not some made up rule that some people adhere to and others don’t. I looked on the WDW site and can’t find any rules about it. So I’m thinking it’s some kind of “unwritten rule”, which technically is not a rule.

What say you? The experts…

Thanks in advance.
We're APers as well and one CM told us they change every 3 months. We'll just use ours until they say we can't...then get another one.

Chef Mickey

I mean, they have to enforce some kind or rules. What about what she said indicated "she did not like" what you said or acted like it was a favor?"

I think you were the one upset that she didn't gladly fill each popcorn bucket without saying anything. Maybe she did a poor job explaining the rules, but they definitely don't allow you to fill it indefinitely.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Refilling your popcorn bucket beyond length of stay? Where do you think you are, Universal Studios?!

Just kidding. Disney does need to actually define "length of stay", because it could mean anything from the day your AP expires to same day of purchase as soon as you leave the park. If I purchased a popcorn bucket, and the sign did not indicate anything as the blue sign above, I'd expect it to be refilled any time I needed a refill because there is nothing to imply any expiration.

daviddnv

Original Poster
I mean, they have to enforce some kind or rules. What about what she said indicated "she did not like" what you said or acted like it was a favor?"

I think you were the one upset that she didn't gladly fill each popcorn bucket without saying anything. Maybe she did a poor job explaining the rules, but they definitely don't allow you to fill it indefinitely.

To clarify, I only had 1 bucket, the older one. She actually said, "I'll do it this time as favor, but not again", so that's where I got that from. I wasn't upset. I asked her to show me where is says "length of stay", but she couldn't. If she would have said "read the board", then I would have bought a new holiday one. She said that she was an old timer, so she new the rules. It's all good, I just never saw the rules.

graphite1326

I have never bought one. Honestly, how many times are you going to refill it? I would buy one and probably not even finish it. Then you have to carry it around all day. Not for me.

disney4life2008

Im glad i wasn't the only one. I tried to refill at the train station at mk and was told that bucket was not in use. I threw it away and didn't buy a new one. Then i walk to frontierland and people are getting refills in the exact bucket i thew away. I think the train station is strict.

But i know one thing, do not buy a holiday bucket. Im sure they will roll out the generic designs in January. Im a ap as well.

I am Timmy

Got the holiday bucket because I liked it, not for the popcorn. Sooo, we refilled that thing constantly. All of a sudden we had a nonstop craving for popcorn. And not just buttered - there is some magical maple flavored stuff in Frontierland that you can have. We would dump one bucket into a huge plastic ziplock and get another refill before leaving the park if we weren't going back to MK for a few days. Those buckets are dangerous.

daviddnv

Original Poster
Im glad i wasn't the only one. I tried to refill at the train station at mk and was told that bucket was not in use. I threw it away and didn't buy a new one. Then i walk to frontierland and people are getting refills in the exact bucket i thew away. I think the train station is strict.

But i know one thing, do not buy a holiday bucket. Im sure they will roll out the generic designs in January. Im a ap as well.

Got it.... Avoid the Train Station... lol.

Thanks for all the feedback. I understand the the whole "how much popcorn can you eat" and not wanting to carry the bucket. That's pretty much me. I probably went 20 times and forgot the bucket most of the times. And we are big "no bag" people so we can get around easy. It's an event to even bring the bucket...

Thanks again for all the feed back.

UKDisney Dave

The whole thing about “length of stay” meaning until the design changes is bizarre. I may buy a bucket in the day of a new design and get 3 or more months use, but then I may buy a bucket in the last few days before a new design is rolled out and only get a few days use. Hardly a fair policy.

Surely Disney needs to define a clear “length of stay” because as an anual passholder I would be expecting that to last all year.

Although to be fair, I’d never be bothered to fly my popcorn bucket back from the UK just for a refill. That’s just crazy!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The whole thing about “length of stay” meaning until the design changes is bizarre. I may buy a bucket in the day of a new design and get 3 or more months use, but then I may buy a bucket in the last few days before a new design is rolled out and only get a few days use. Hardly a fair policy.

Surely Disney needs to define a clear “length of stay” because as an anual passholder I would be expecting that to last all year.
Reasonable people know what "length of stay" means.

It doesn't mean "until we change designs," and it also doesn't mean "until your ticket media expires."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom