Popcorn Buckets: A Disectonomy

SSG

Outing myself as a nerd:

In my home office I have a Star Wars shelf. A couple of helmets, a high end light saber, some Funkos, etc. And the only Disney popcorn bucket I own: the Tie Fighter on offer a few years back. I bought it because it's a decent looking model and looks pretty good on my nerd shelf. I don't really care about the collectable bucket aspect, but if another decent one comes out, maybe I would get it.

EDIT: just checked and these are going for over $50 on the secondary market.

TIE.jpg

Stevek

Outing myself as a nerd:

In my home office I have a Star Wars shelf. A couple of helmets, a high end light saber, some Funkos, etc. And the only Disney popcorn bucket I own: the Tie Fighter on offer a few years back. I bought it because it's a decent looking model and looks pretty good on my nerd shelf. I don't really care about the collectable bucket aspect, but if another decent one comes out, maybe I would get it.

EDIT: just checked and these are going for over $50 on the secondary market.

View attachment 522840
This was pretty darn cool

Brer Panther

Did these come from Tokyo?- I remember seeing them there in 2008 when I first visited.
like most things the japanese take popcorn bucket collecting very seriously!
I recall reading on another site that "popcorn buckets" did indeed originate in Japan. Apparently, in Japan it's considered bad manners to eat while walking, so if you get popcorn, you can put it in a bucket and carry it around instead of having to stop and eat it.

George Lucas on a Bench

I recall reading on another site that "popcorn buckets" did indeed originate in Japan. Apparently, in Japan it's considered bad manners to eat while walking, so if you get popcorn, you can put it in a bucket and carry it around instead of having to stop and eat it.

So you can walk around while eating it out of a bucket instead. Makes perfect sense.

Miru

Depends on how practical the buckets are. So far, we’ve never seen anything with the capacity of a typical cardboard bucket you’d get at the movies. Some of the shapes can be cute, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom