Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
While college football is preparing for its bowl season and the NFL kicks off its playoffs, more than 12,000 kids, parents, coaches and fans will trek to Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex for the Pop Warner Super Bowl Dec. 8-14. National champions will be crowned in five age/size tackle football and cheer squad divisions representing every region of the country. Now in its 73rd year, Pop Warner Little Scholars Inc. involves more than 300,000 team members ages 5-15 across the country. It is the only national youth football and cheerleading organization in the United States.

prberk

Anyone besides me remember the 1950s films about Pop Warner football, made by Disney and starring Kevin Corcoran in his ever-popular (at the time) "Moochie" role? If not, you may want to check them out. Unfortunately, without Vault Disney, they are hard to find.

emmagata

Originally posted by wdwmagic
While college football is preparing for its bowl season and the NFL kicks off its playoffs, more than 12,000 kids, parents, coaches and fans will trek to Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex for the Pop Warner Super Bowl Dec. 8-14. National champions will be crowned in five age/size tackle football and cheer squad divisions representing every region of the country. Now in its 73rd year, Pop Warner Little Scholars Inc. involves more than 300,000 team members ages 5-15 across the country. It is the only national youth football and cheerleading organization in the United States.

Great!!

We will be there from the 7th to the 15th. I don't think it will be that bad though as I think the last two times that we were there in December (2000,2001) they were there too. I don't think that all 12000 will at the parks (or a single park) every day.

orangefan15

Quite honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about...it can't possibly be any worse than during winter break, spring break, etc. and most of summer when all the families flock with their young children to the parks.

Yellow Shoes

Families with young children

does not equal

minimally supervised teenagers.

An out of control 3 year old is scary, to be sure, but nothing like and out of control 15 year old.

wannabeBelle

Yellow Shoes and Cymbal Diva, I am with you girls!!! Thank God I will only be there for two days and I wont be in the MK on either one of those two days!! Belle

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

does not equal

An out of control 3 year old is scary, to be sure, but nothing like and out of control 15 year old.

Plus, I'm afraid of perky people! :lol:

DanStat

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

does not equal

Isn't it the parents who get out of control when little Johnny can't score a touchdown? :lol:

jwbeck3

I hope they all go to the parks so Disney can have the business, as long as nothing like that is there around the first week of March when I get to go......No I'm joking, I hope they don't interfer with anyone's trip too much.

Shannon_Yensid

wow, i'm glad to be heading home on the 7th!! but it seems i'm not the only one leaving on the 7th!!...i kno what it's like what FIRST robotics nationals are there (we go every year) and that makes me even happier to be missing the little ra-ra's and the little footballers (and the parents, oh the parents!!! glad to be missing them!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom