Pop Warner in December

zandalee

I've just realized that my trip is booked on the exact same week as the Pop Warner Superbowl / Cheer Championship. Has anyone else been at the parks during this time period and does this event make a huge difference in wait times and crowds?

I'm trying to decide if I should go a week earlier and just deal with the tail end of Thanksgiving. (Going Sat to Sat)

Any ideas? :veryconfu

pacochran

Just checking-

Have those dates been confirmed for 2008?
The reason is that normally they are there the first week in December.
For example, last year Pop Warner week was Dec. 1 - 7, 2007.

Tks.
:)

I saw somerwhere else those dates are correct. I think why it is so late if they do it the week before people would be arriving on Thanksgiving weekend and I don't think Disney could do it as that is usually a busy week for them.

Upvote 0

hcphish

I just checked Pop Warner's official website for football and at the very top of the page it says that thier Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championship week is indeed December 7-13. :brick:

Upvote 0

dragongirl

I've stayed at ASMu during the Pop Warner visits. It's part of the reason we'll never stay at a Value resort again. There was nothing but rowdiness through out the night. Lots of running outside the door, shouting, screaming, and banging (? have no idea what they were doing! Throwing helmets off the third floor?) The resort pools were unusable due to the crowds and roughness and the food court was an insane madhouse.

But we never saw the football players at the parks, just the cheerleaders. Usually at MGM--DHS...Indy was closed so they could perform on the stage.

We also went once and stayed at CBR. CBR was more crowded with cheerleaders. However, pleasantly, these all seemed to be individual daughter and parent groups who had decided to stay somewhere on their own rather than with the group. So while it was crowded, everyone was well behaved.

Upvote 0

alilance

I've just realized that my trip is booked on the exact same week as the Pop Warner Superbowl / Cheer Championship. Has anyone else been at the parks during this time period and does this event make a huge difference in wait times and crowds?

I'm trying to decide if I should go a week earlier and just deal with the tail end of Thanksgiving. (Going Sat to Sat)

Any ideas? :veryconfu
Yes, I have been there about 5 times during the "Cheerleader Invasion!" Like I said in a previous thread, the older cheerleaders aren't too bad, but it's the younger one's that might drive you a little crazy!:brick::brick::brick: I don't really know too much about cheeerleading, but I think the Pop Warner are the younger ones. I probably wouldn't change my trip unless they were staying at your hotel! They like to cheer and do their hair and makeup while your trying to have breakfast in the foodcourt area of the hotel. I dealt with it early last December. Also, like I said in a previous thread, the parents don't really help the situation. They don't really keep an eye on what is going on and can be at times more annoying than the kids!!! Where are you staying? They were at the Port Orleans Riverside. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Mystic

We were there during the first 1/2 of pop warner in 2006 and we really only came across 1 cheerleading team the entire time. They were ahead of us in line for the Jungle Cruise and we were concerned about getting stuck in the boat with them but luckily the ratio of chaperones to cheerleaders was quite high with this group and they were all extremely well behaved and polite. Other than that one sighting, we never saw a single team, but then again, we do stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom