Pop Warner Dec 2012, Help !

NEL

Hello all,I am planing on going to WDW from Dec 6-10, 2012. I pretty much go yearly at around that time and really have not noticed any significant affect from Pop Warner at the Parks. But I have always stayed at a deluxe resort but this year I am planing on staying at a Mod due to financial issues. I have heard and read many horror stories of this group at the hotels they stay, both Value and Mod. I definitly do not want to have any issues at my resort. I am planing on staying either at PORS or POFQ, whichever has the best AP deal when they come out. Does anyone know what hotels Pop will be staying at this year. Has anyone stayed at the same hotel with this group, and if so what was your experience.

All info, tips, and suggestions are greatly appreciated !

Thanks !!!!!:)

draybook

According to my searches, it seems that they usually stay at PORS. We've not net dealt with them at the resorts, but we've had some dealings with them at the MK. As with any group, there were some unruly ones and the chaperones were terrible. I sent the Pop Warner contact an email and got the usual blah blah blah response, so then I contacted Disney. They were very apologetic and that was fine.

Upvote 0

Abbyjoe

We stayed at PORS one year during Pop Warner week. OMG. Cheerleaders EVERYWHERE. I think the bus and food court was the worst. The "Mouse Police" had to walk around our bldg to keep them quiet at night. We no longer go that week.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

In 2011, the choices were as follows:

"A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

In 2010, the choices were as follows:

"Three or more nights stay at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. All
participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the same as 2010.

Upvote 0

erstwo

We have been twice with cheer groups. Once was in December, Pop Warner. We had zero problems (we were in the 50's section of Pop Century Resort, if that matters? :)) One day we left late and the pool was crowded mid day with 14 year old-ish girls, but we aren't usually there mid day and hardly ever swim in December.

The other time was in March with a cheer competition. We were at Caribbean Beach Resort. They even had tents set up in the parking lots of the resort for the cheerleaders (big tents - not sure if they were practicing inside or competing in there or what?) We had zero problems as they weren't in our section. I will say one night we got off at the wrong stop (easy to do at CBR) and as we walked through the area (obviously) booked with cheerleaders and their families/ chaperones, it was a little noisy. But we never heard them or had any problems.

Both times we saw them all over the parks, but we've never had any problems with them.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Consider a stay at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. Extra space and the serenity of avoiding those masses.....

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Last year they were all at CBR in December and took up more than 2/3 of the resort. It was horrible. The management said it was the first year they all stayed at one place. It was awful. I felt bad for security. Avoid at all cost.

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
In 2011, the choices were as follows:

"A three (3) night minimum stay is required and includes a standard room at Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. All participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

In 2010, the choices were as follows:

"Three or more nights stay at Disney’s All-Star Resorts, or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. All
participants/coaches must book a package through Disney Sports Travel and stay at one of the above mentioned resorts".

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the same as 2010.

Wow, thanks for all the info. Do you know when they will have the information on this year's trip and where I can get it. This would definitly tell me what hotel to avoid.

Also I see they mostly stay at PORS, I wonder if that is the case if POFQ would be affected in some way too. POFQ is my first choice. Anyone have been at POFQ while Pop Warner was at PORS. If so, how was it, were they at POQ much and did they affect your stay.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I know as of right now they are NOT scheduled to be staying at CSR. Of course things can change depending on overflow and whatnot but hopefully that helps you a little. They will most definitely be staying at All-Star and I'm unsure of what moderate. I think they usually stay at CBR as well.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Never say never but they have not officially stayed at CSR since it has opened. The cheerleaders that perform in the x-mas day parade stay there yearly but they are nothing like the young kids associated with PW. Whe stayed there with them a few years back and didn't even know they were at the resort other than seeing them in their outfits.

Keep checking the PW site for updates because they will post the info under the "forms" tab with the hotel info in the fall.
http://www.popwarner.com/superbowl/pop.asp

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom