pop vs movies

firedog31

I know this has been discussed but coud not find it, they are pretty much the same hotel with differet themes, of course some minor differences to the food court and small things like that. If of course I am not goin gto be at the place that often other then to sleep and rest is pop really that much better in getting buses to the parks as well as location in regards to the other hotels movies sports ect. I changed from movies to pop and am woundering if it was really worth it.:shrug:

WTBAD

Movies is our fav of the AS resorts but we like Pop even better. FC is bigger & has its own buses.

We like Bldg # 6 , the backside facing the lake. But Bldg # 4 is also good. These are the 70's bldgs & there is no pool bewteen them, but they are fairly close to the FC & buses. Another good Bldg is #2. Farther from the FC but a good view of Illuminations from the top floor by the stairs.

Upvote 0

kadesha

I don't care much for that either. I like the idea of a seperate giftshop..

I think they are great! They're not really "together," you just walk through the gift shop to get to the food court if coming from Classic Hall. Otherwise, if coming outside you walk through the food court to get to the gift shop. Doesn't bother me. I like it all being in one general area.

Upvote 0

paul436

I've stayed at All-Star Music and All-Star Sports as well as Pop Century. I like Pop better because I thought the food court layout was better. My next trip in August I'm going to stay at All-Star Movies because I've never stayed there before. I don't mind the one or two extra stops on the bus when the 3 All-Stars share a bus (there are times they don't). I also don't mind standing on the bus. No matter where I've stayed I've found the buses can be busy enough that there are usually standees. I always give up my seat to someone else be they older, younger or in more need of a seat so I end up standing anyway.

You won't be disappointed in either resort and what you enjoy more will mostly depend upon personal preference.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Can someone suggest which building to stay in. We are wanting one that's close enough to the food court and the buses, but quiet and away from any pools? We've heard that the pools can be quite noisy, and my husband is a very light sleeper. Which building would anyone suggest out there?

If you're staying at Pop, the 70s buildings were a short walk to the buses/pool/food court, but also very quiet in the evening.

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I've never stayed at the Pop, but if I ever stay at a Value again, I will stay there. I stayed at Movies once. It was nice, but it was nothing special. Pop just looks so much more impressive.

Upvote 0

Norm The Skull

We did Pop July 4th 2005

It was full, loud & Great we just loved it.

The pool area can be noisy but your at Disney World so have fun.

We stayed in the 70's building close to the main building.

Everything you need is close.

Transportation was great.

Food Court was great. Good arcade for the kids. Great souvenir store.

I really enjoyed the lobby's decorations.

We are going back to Disney World in December and decided to go back to Pop

You will have a great time if you go to Pop Century.

BUT GUESS WHAT.

You will have a great time wherever you decide to go...

ENJOY AND HAVE FUN

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom