pop vs movies

firedog31

I know this has been discussed but coud not find it, they are pretty much the same hotel with differet themes, of course some minor differences to the food court and small things like that. If of course I am not goin gto be at the place that often other then to sleep and rest is pop really that much better in getting buses to the parks as well as location in regards to the other hotels movies sports ect. I changed from movies to pop and am woundering if it was really worth it.:shrug:

Tinkerbella16

Yes, I think it is very worth it. I have stayed at all 4 of the value resorts and Pop is our favorite. The bus system there is so much better, we never had a problem waiting and they don't share with any other resort. All three all stars share. Pop is bigger, the rooms are the same but the resort itself is more spread out, and I like it that way better...less congestion. It is such a nice resort. We really like the foodcourt at Pop also...better selections and good food. We love the 50's Building by the bowling pin pool. Its close and from a certain area you can Illuminations at Epcot. The location of Pop Century is also good. Its not a long bus ride to any of the parks. It seemed like it was closest to Epcot. You made the right decision switching, and you will love it there. Have Fun!! :wave:

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I've stayed in both and they were both great. I did enjoy not having to share buses at Pop and it seemed like getting to the parks (except AK) was quicker, but other than that and the themes, they're basically the same. My favorite was Pop though. It just seemed more fun.
I'm sure you'll like either one you stay in =) If you're interested, I've got photos in my sig. Movies in '07 and Pop in '08.

Upvote 0

CelioSunshine

I'm sure you'll like either one you stay in =) If you're interested, I've got photos in my sig. Movies in '07 and Pop in '08.

I was checking out your photos because we are planning a trip there in July and staying at Pop. I noticed a few said "Other half of Pop. didn't go there, creepy"

Can you tell me about that? I never knew there was more

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I was checking out your photos because we are planning a trip there in July and staying at Pop. I noticed a few said "Other half of Pop. didn't go there, creepy"

Can you tell me about that? I never knew there was more

That's the other half of Pop Century (1900s - 1940s.) They stopped building it after 9/11 due to the drop in tourism, and now it's just a creepy brown shell of a building across the lake. There's much better pictures out there and even some videos on youtube of someone who snuck over there haha.

Upvote 0

mickey&me

The bus system there is so much better, we never had a problem waiting and they don't share with any other resort. All three all stars share.

So many posters say that the All Stars share busses. We stayed at ASMo Dec 5-11 (NOT a crowded time at all) and never shared busses to the parks or from the parks. The only sharing was DME, and that's very common for all resorts. Don't base where you stay on "bus sharing."

Upvote 0

Wildcat99

Can someone suggest which building to stay in. We are wanting one that's close enough to the food court and the buses, but quiet and away from any pools? We've heard that the pools can be quite noisy, and my husband is a very light sleeper. Which building would anyone suggest out there?

Upvote 0

CelioSunshine

Can someone suggest which building to stay in. We are wanting one that's close enough to the food court and the buses, but quiet and away from any pools? We've heard that the pools can be quite noisy, and my husband is a very light sleeper. Which building would anyone suggest out there?

I was just about to ask this exact question. We will be going with 2 boys age 12 and 14 and a girl age 8. What do people recommend?

Upvote 0

CelioSunshine

That's the other half of Pop Century (1900s - 1940s.) They stopped building it after 9/11 due to the drop in tourism, and now it's just a creepy brown shell of a building across the lake. There's much better pictures out there and even some videos on youtube of someone who snuck over there haha.

Thanks I checked out the video on youtube. It is quite creepy.

Upvote 0

kadesha

We stayed in the 50's area on the backside, overlooking hourglass lake. It was very quiet, we never heard anything! You also get a view of Spaceship Earth and Illuminations over in that area, but it can be quite a walk to the busses!

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've stayed at both, Pop is the better of the 2. Disney learned from the mistakes from the AS and made a much better resort. Plus, you can get frozen Coke with your refillable mug.

I was just about to ask this exact question. We will be going with 2 boys age 12 and 14 and a girl age 8. What do people recommend?

My last stay was my 4th at Pop (5th in a few weeks), I prefer the 70's buildings. They are the only building's that do not have a pool in the courtyard which makes them a lot quieter. You an extremely short walk from the bus stops and the main hall. Plus, if you can get a lake view in the 70's you will be able to see Illuminations, SE and TOT from the walkway. For those reasons I highly recommend the 70's!

I don't think you will be disappointed with Pop at all. It is an excellent resort.

Upvote 0

Iknewagirlnamed

So many posters say that the All Stars share busses. We stayed at ASMo Dec 5-11 (NOT a crowded time at all) and never shared busses to the parks or from the parks. The only sharing was DME, and that's very common for all resorts. Don't base where you stay on "bus sharing."

When I stayed there in early January of this year, I almost always had to share buses with AllStar Movies (I stayed at Music.) I think it depends on how busy it is and/or how many people are staying at the resorts

Upvote 0

nmj91385

The bus situation alone makes it worth it. I liked the theming at the movies, but sharing a bus with the other two resorts, made for a lot of standing time on the bus.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Yes, it does depend on if it crowded or not when you go. But I have stayed at all the all stars multiple times each, and there wasn't a time where they didn't share busses. Haven't stayed there in a few years so it may have changed since then. I wouldn't base where I stay on bus sharing, but the waits to get on and off of a bus can be long...and thats never fun. I think MK has seperate bus stops for all 3 of the All Stars (correct me if I'm wrong), so I would think that they get picked up and dropped off seperately to and from there.

Upvote 0

firedog31

Original Poster
thanks for the info, I was pretty sure pop would be the better choice . Its just me and my mom and neither one of care that much about the theme of our hotel since w will not be spending alot of time away from the parks.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We have been to all four of the values. I have to say we haven't ever had to share buses at any of the values. We generally get up early, go back for a swim and head back out later in the day. So please don't let the bus situation determine where you stay. The one thing I didn't like about Pop was the layout of the food court. It sort of blends right into the gift shop.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom