Pop up ads at bottom of mobile phone screen

Animaniac93-98

It's not just mobile it's on my PC screen too.

Seems to load an ad every time a page does. It's also putting up new ads if you stay on the same page for a certain time (I think?).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's not just mobile it's on my PC screen too.

Seems to load an ad every time a page does. It's also putting up new ads if you stay on the same page for a certain time (I think?).
It is across all devices.

All ad units reload a new ad if left on screen for a certain time period.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's been bothering me as well today. Ads in general are fine, and I realize you need them for your site. Bt this newer ad system covers up the bottom of the page when I'm trying to read a post, and it's unpleasant. (I have to keep clicking the x to get rid of them for every page I pull up.)

I use a regular PC, and not a mobile device.

MaximumEd

Original Poster
@wdwmagic Still having problems with the latest version of the closeable ads on iPhone. When I close an ad, the up/down arrows no longer function until I manually scroll to the top, go back to the list of threads, and pick another. Then they work again until I get another ad.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic Still having problems with the latest version of the closeable ads on iPhone. When I close an ad, the up/down arrows no longer function until I manually scroll to the top, go back to the list of threads, and pick another. Then they work again until I get another ad.
You shouldn't be seeing them on the forum. Any chance you can send me a screenshot? Thanks

MaximumEd

Original Poster
Will do next time I get one. It’s been very sporadic since the original testing you recently did. It’s always a Home Depot ad at the bottom of the screen. Also, when the ad appears, small bands of orange running vertically down each side edge of the screen appear for a couple of seconds.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Will do next time I get one. It’s been very sporadic since the original testing you recently did. It’s always a Home Depot ad at the bottom of the screen. Also, when the ad appears, small bands of orange running vertically down each side edge of the screen appear for a couple of seconds.
OK thanks. Those types of ads should not be running since that test a few weeks back.

SteamboatJoe

I am getting a Zyn Tobacco Free ad that momentarily blocks the bottom of the screen and has some annoying circle icons running up and down the sides of the screen. Only happens for a few seconds. Android phone viewing the forums in Chrome.

EDIT: After I posted this I got a scrolling Zyn ad that took up a significant portion of the page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom