• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Pop up ads at bottom of mobile phone screen

wdwmagic

Administrator
Advertisement
Currently testing this today.

Animaniac93-98

It's not just mobile it's on my PC screen too.

Seems to load an ad every time a page does. It's also putting up new ads if you stay on the same page for a certain time (I think?).

wdwmagic

Administrator
It's not just mobile it's on my PC screen too.

Seems to load an ad every time a page does. It's also putting up new ads if you stay on the same page for a certain time (I think?).
It is across all devices.

All ad units reload a new ad if left on screen for a certain time period.

MinnieM123

It's been bothering me as well today. Ads in general are fine, and I realize you need them for your site. Bt this newer ad system covers up the bottom of the page when I'm trying to read a post, and it's unpleasant. (I have to keep clicking the x to get rid of them for every page I pull up.)

I use a regular PC, and not a mobile device.

MaximumEd

Original Poster
@wdwmagic Still having problems with the latest version of the closeable ads on iPhone. When I close an ad, the up/down arrows no longer function until I manually scroll to the top, go back to the list of threads, and pick another. Then they work again until I get another ad.

wdwmagic

Administrator
@wdwmagic Still having problems with the latest version of the closeable ads on iPhone. When I close an ad, the up/down arrows no longer function until I manually scroll to the top, go back to the list of threads, and pick another. Then they work again until I get another ad.
You shouldn't be seeing them on the forum. Any chance you can send me a screenshot? Thanks

MaximumEd

Original Poster
Will do next time I get one. It’s been very sporadic since the original testing you recently did. It’s always a Home Depot ad at the bottom of the screen. Also, when the ad appears, small bands of orange running vertically down each side edge of the screen appear for a couple of seconds.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Will do next time I get one. It’s been very sporadic since the original testing you recently did. It’s always a Home Depot ad at the bottom of the screen. Also, when the ad appears, small bands of orange running vertically down each side edge of the screen appear for a couple of seconds.
OK thanks. Those types of ads should not be running since that test a few weeks back.

SteamboatJoe

I am getting a Zyn Tobacco Free ad that momentarily blocks the bottom of the screen and has some annoying circle icons running up and down the sides of the screen. Only happens for a few seconds. Android phone viewing the forums in Chrome.

EDIT: After I posted this I got a scrolling Zyn ad that took up a significant portion of the page.

Top Bottom