Pop Secret Popcorn to sponsor Fantasmic! as part of new strategic alliance with Diamond Foods Inc

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Pop Secret SUUUUUCKS. but Fantasmic is in dire need of upgrades. Hopefully this will help do that. New projections, upgraded water systems, a REAL riverboat, an actual AA Dragon...sort of like somewhere else, where else have I seen this stuff....Oh I don't know, maybe DISNEYLAND?
Unless Diamond Foods demanded upgrades as a condition of making the payment Disney wanted, there is no reason to think the sponsorship will lead to upgrades. It's an advertising thing. Sure the advertiser COULD (as Siemen's and TCM did) demand changes/upgrades as a condiiton of sponsorship, but there's no reason at all that sponsorship money actually needs to be used on the sponsored attraction, other than to put up the sponsor's signs.

roj2323

Pop Secret SUUUUUCKS. but Fantasmic is in dire need of upgrades. Hopefully this will help do that. New projections, upgraded water systems, a REAL riverboat, an actual AA Dragon...sort of like somewhere else, where else have I seen this stuff....Oh I don't know, maybe DISNEYLAND?
You obviously haven't been paying attention lately. Fantasmic's projectors got upgraded to digital back in June or July. The clarity of the imagery is fantastic. The riverboat was refurbished at the same time. From what I'm told they replaced quite a bit of the wood structure. Additionally knowing some cast from that area I know that they are going to be doing some work to the Dragon, however I don't know what yet. As for the water systems, they are pretty much top-of-the-line now, however they could use a fine-tuning. When the attraction goes dark in January/February for its annual referb I have to imagine that they will take care of some of the details stuff. There's also been a rumor floating around that the show is going to be changing a little bit but again I'm not sure how yet.. More on that when I get more details.

betty rose

I love the popcorn at Disney. I'm willing to try another brand. I'll wait and see if it's as good. I'm not fond of the store brand Pop Secret. Hopefully they can make it better at Disney.

yensid67

One thing I have always wondered about sponsorships...if an attraction doesn't have a sponsor, it still gets the maintenance it needs...when a sponsor is obtained, it would make you feel like they have the extra money to do major upgrades than they could do on their own!? So my question is, if an attraction that has sponsorship doesn't get upgrades, what do they use the money for? Those sponsor branded signs cannot be that expensive to design and make...oh wait! I forgot we are talking about Disney...they SEEM to make everything more expensive than it should be! Maybe to funnel money to another project? Just thinking out loud...NO BLASTING needed!

808 Days Left until I invade the World for my 50th Birthday! woo hoo!

DisneyDebRob

Maybe I am in the minority, but I don't think I could tell the difference in any popcorn.

Sponsor = $$$ = upgrades!

Now use it for good!
There are so many sponsors now in disney for attractions and such and most need some sort of refurb or upgrade. Sponsors do not mean we are getting upgrades, usually means money in their pockets. Wish it was different but it hasn't been.

Next Big Thing

There are so many sponsors now in disney for attractions and such and most need some sort of refurb or upgrade. Sponsors do not mean we are getting upgrades, usually means money in their pockets. Wish it was different but it hasn't been.
Actually, compared to the late 80's/early 90's, (before the internet age) sponsors where much more prevalent throughout the parks imo. The internet has made it so that you don't need to put your name on something inside of a theme park.

Now do we have more things like Starbucks, Pandora, Sunglass Hut and Havianas (actual stores) inside of the parks now? Of course. But that's a different thing entirely.

blu3

I honestly can't taste the difference between two brands of popcorn. I hope that Pop Secret pressures Disney to update Fantasmic at some point of the sponsorship. I mean they did just update the projection system, but the dragon only works like 60% of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom